Who should buy the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP
You will love the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP if:
- You want a shoe that help alleviates plantar fasciitis pain
- You want an appealing shoe to use for All-day wear, walking, and jogging
Updates on the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP
- The Asics Gel Kenun MX SP, same as with its origin model, the Gel Kenun MX is a running shoe that’s designed for those who have neutral pronation.
- The outsole has a mildly textured face that works appropriately on asphalt or other flat surfaces. Underfoot cushioning is the responsibility of the Solyte® material, one of the brand’s most lightweight technologies.
- The upper unit of this road-companion utilizes a breathable mesh. This material has an open construction that welcomes air into the foot-chamber. The Asics logo serves as fused overlays on the left and right sides.
Size and fit
The Asics Gel Kenun MX SP was made to be true to size. Runners can get a pair using their regular sizing preferences. Half and full sizes are available for this model. When it comes to width, the variants are D – Medium for men and B – Medium for women. The semi-curved shape of the last mimics the natural curvature of the human foot.
The lasting material of this shoe is made in collaboration with Ortholite®. A plush yet breathable board connects the upper to the platform. Ventilation and support are further encouraged by this component.
Protection against wear-and-tear with the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP outsole
The forefoot section of the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP’s outsole features a rubber layer. This compound is meant to protect against wear-and-tear. It is also tasked with ensuring traction over the asphalt.
The heel section of this shoe has ground-contact GEL®, which is a silicon-based piece that is responsible for attenuating impact shock during the landing phase of the gait cycle. Aside from handling the landing forces, it also contributes to the traction capability of the external pad.
The lightweight midsole of the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP
Just like the popular Asics Gel Cumulus 20, the shoe has a full-length Solyte® foam midsole which serves as the primary cushioning unit of the Gel Kenun MX SP. This technology is touted to be lighter than the other midsole options in the Asics roster of footwear. It is flexible and durable, as well.
An Ortholite® Sockliner is placed on top of the main foam compound. This add-on brings a bit more cushioning for the underfoot. It has antimicrobial and anti-moisture features to maintain a healthy and dry interior experience.
Get breathable running experience with the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP upper
A breathable mesh serves as the exterior part of the Asics Gel Kenun MX SP’s upper unit. This textile is flexible and form-fitting. It has open pores that welcome air into the foot-chamber.
Thin overlays are printed onto the façade. Some of them reinforce the eyelets of the traditional lacing system, while others take the form of the Asics logo. The principal purpose of these layers is to maintain the structural integrity of the upper.
Seamless design is employed in the interior chamber. A smooth fabric permits the foot to slide into the shoe with ease. The softness of the inner lining also allows runners to forgo the use of socks.