Review coming soon
Salomon Ultra Glide has just been released by Salomon. Our experts are working on a detailed review. Please, come back later.
Get an email when final verdict is ready:
Salomon Ultra Glide: a comfortable Salomon shoe?
Salomon footwear is most commonly associated with a tough, rugged design that works like a tank on demanding terrain. But the release of Ultra Glide mixes in some comfy vibes into this trail monster’s lineup.
It is a max-cushioned trail shoe that adds come plushness over and under the foot to keep you supported on long efforts.
What is it best for?
- Distance: any up to an ultra
- Speed: slow-to-moderate
- Terrain: road-to-trail, light and non-technical
What makes the Ultra Glide special
An unusual design for Salomon, the Ultra Glide manages to give comfort without sacrificing its trail-readiness. Here are some of the highlights that help it do so:
- Thick layer of Energy Surge cushioning. Same component as used in Salomon’s Phantasm and Pulsar but more generous
- Slight rocker to help you roll
- Sensi-Fit helps to create a hug-like and secure experience even for such a high-stack shoe
- Roomier toebox for a more accommodating fit
- Generously padded collar and tongue
- Quicklace allows for easy fit regulation
- Lace garage helps to hide the excessive lace length
- Contragrip with 4-mm lugs keeps it grippy but still versatile for harder surafces