Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
Updates to Reebok Hydrorush II
- The Reebok Hydrorush II is a training shoe designed for men. It is made of lightweight and flexible materials that are able to keep up with rigorous workout sessions.
- This model borrows the silhouette of the original Reebok Hydrorush. They share the same sole technologies such as the rubber outsole, the ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam midsole, and the liquid foam technology at the heel.
- The main difference between the two models is the support structure at the midfoot. The older model has a saddle at the rearfoot as well, while the new version uses a cage-like structure at the midfoot with an overlay on the heel.
Reebok Hydrorush II size and fit
The Reebok Hyudrorush II is made for male athletes and comes in half and full US sizes, from 7 to 14. Regarding the width, the trainer is only available in a D - Medium profile. The mesh upper provides users with a snug fit while the cage-like structure at the midfoot keeps the foot locked in place.
The bottom of the Reebok Hyrdorush II uses a high-abrasion rubber. The compound is designed to withstand indoor and outdoor workout sessions. It also features a tread pattern that allows it to grip different types of surfaces. Flex grooves are scattered throughout the bottom, allowing the foot to move naturally.
Providing a comfortable ride to the Reebok Hydrorush II is the full-length EVA foam. This cushioning platform is engineered to be soft and flexible to facilitate the natural forward movement of the foot. It also absorbs shock, protecting the foot and the rest of the lower extremities against the impact.
Adding a layer of cushioning to the heel is the dual-density liquid foam. This compound is designed to instantly adapt to changes in pressure to keep the heel protected when it strikes the ground, further reducing the stress on the joints of the lower extremities.
The upper of this Reebok workout shoe is made of a lightweight and breathable mesh. The material is engineered to be soft enough to allow movement but still rigid to afford steadiness while training.
Synthetic overlays form a cage-like structure at the midfoot which integrates with the lacing system. This element enhances the locked-down fit and lateral support when the laces are cinched. There’s also an overlay at the back, serving as an external heel counter that steadies the rearfoot.
The interior of the trainer is lined with a soft mesh fabric for a comfortable experience that also aids in keeping the foot chamber aerated. The plush collar and tongue steady the foot during workouts and prevents it from slipping out of the footgear
- The original Reebok Hydrorush was created in collaboration with the Watts brothers. J.J., T.J., and Derek, who all play in the National Football League and they all helped create a trainer that would perform well both indoors and outdoors.
- Another highly-rated Reebok trainer which was designed in partnership with J.J. Watts is the Reebok JJ II workout shoe.