Shoes with optimum cushioning, lateral support, and flexibility for daily workouts and studio sessions. See workout shoes
Versatile, low-profile shoes for constantly varied exercises including plyometrics, sprinting, weightlifting, and rope climbing. See CrossFit shoes
Shoes for daily wear that ensure a smooth walking gait cycle. Check out walking shoes
For people with normal pronation. Also provide support for high-arched feet with underpronation (excessive outward rolling of the foot). See neutral training shoes
For people with low-arched or flat feet and moderate overpronation (excessive inward rolling of the foot). See stability training shoes
Shoes feature stabilizing technologies for people with severe overpronation. See motion control training shoes
Good to know
Stability and motion control add-ons are uncommon for workout shoes and are never present in CrossFit or weightlifting footwear. They are mostly found in walking shoes where the gait is easier to correct.
WeightMen: 10.8ozWomen: 8oz
Training footwear typically weighs between 200g and 300g per shoe to accommodate agile workouts. Minimalist trainers go as low as 150g, while weightlifting shoes can go as high as 500g.
Heel to toe dropMen: 4mmWomen: 4mm
WidthMen: NormalWomen: Normal
Release dateJan 2018
Experts are training geeks, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
94 / 100 based on 10 expert reviews
I’ll put my name on line to vouch for the performance of the 8.0 as being one of the best training shoes you’ve ever tried.
If you're looking for something that is a bit easier to run in, a little bit easier to live in day to day, but still very stable, check out the Nano 8.
I liked the changes Reebok made to this model compared to the 7 (which wasn’t my favorite whatsoever), and the newly constructed bootie. It’s a shoe I can both workout in and wear in my day-to-day with comfort.
I do like them overall, but do I like them better than Nano 7s? Hands down, they are way better than Nano 7s.
Updates to Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave
- The Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave is an updated version of the Nano 7 in every sense. Whereas the latter was made to be more rigid, the current iteration has a more flexible and comfortable build. It now sports the Flexweave upper that has been re-engineered for enhanced breathability, support, and durability. The material has a figure 8 construction that ventilates and reinforces targeted areas.
- It comes equipped with an inner heel bootie sleeve for additional comfort. It also gives a sock-like feeling that makes the shoe fit more snugly.
- The forefoot area is designed to be more protected and cozy due to the added cushioning. This feature makes plyometric exercises safer and more pleasant.
- It utilizes the Toe Tection technology in the toe area. It makes the upper resistant to the wear-and-tear during high-intensity workouts.
- The outsole has been designed to meet the specific requirements of CrossFit. It offers a strong grip on indoor surfaces.
Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave size and fit
The Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave released two versions for men and women. The model comes in US sizes 7 to 13 for the men and 5 to 10 for the ladies. It generally runs true to size and follows the standard trainer sizing scheme. It is available in normal widths, D - Medium for men and B - Medium for women.
The bottom of the Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave has been created specifically for CrossFit. Made from high abrasion rubber, it serves to provide strong traction in the box.
It has a minimal drop of 4 mm to grant secure footing to the athlete. It leads to a more stable platform during heavy lifts.
Flex grooves have been carved into the forefoot area. They promote natural foot flexion.
The Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave uses a dual-density midsole to fulfill the various demands of CrossFit. The heel area is created to be rigid to give support during lifts. On the other hand, the forefoot is more flexible and cushioned to cope with high-intensity fitness routines and plyometrics.
The Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave features a low-cut design to encourage full ankle mobility. It lets the wearer move unencumbered during workouts.
The footgear has two layers of upper. The outer part is made up of the Flexweave technology. It comprises an innovative Figure-8 weave that interlocks each fiber for a durable, supportive, and flexible support. The knit is also designed to be breathable to allow air to circulate inside the shoe.
Meanwhile, a heel bootie sleeve gives the foot a pleasant sock-like experience. It offers comfort and a snug fit.
The Toe Tection technology is installed on the upper to boost durability. It reinforces the high-wear area to prevent ripping.
- The Reebok CrossFit Nano 8 Flexweave is available for customization on the official Reebok website. The color of various parts of the shoe can be altered to suit the buyer's taste. One can also personalize the trainer by putting their name on the fabric stripe at the heel.