Who should buy the Altra Lone Peak 3.5
You will love the Altra Lone Peak series if:
- You want a reliable grip shoe to use for long-distance or marathons in uneven terrains
- You want a neutral shoe with extra cushioning support and debris-free running
Updates to the Altra Lone Peak 3.5
- Updated stitching for more breathability
- The Drilex Lining across the upper gives a smooth in-shoe experience while also making sure to not inhibit breathability.
- The Stone Guard housed in the heel region provides additional comfort to the runner and keeps the foot in position while running on steep slopes etc.
- New Natural Ride System (NRS) in the shoe results in increased adaptability and improved flexibility for the runner
Altra's MaxTrac Outsole
The shoe boasts the MaxTrac Outsole with a sticky rubber that has the capability of resisting slip and ensuring a firm grip on challenging surfaces. This material is also very durable; therefore, it keeps this running shoe in a healthy condition for longer durations of time.
Eco-friendly materials in the Altra Lone Peak 3.5 midsoles
The shoe’s midsole is made from an environmentally friendly recycled material, the A-Bound technology for maximum underfoot protection and greater resilience to impact forces. This material is also present in the Lone Peak 4.0.
The popular EVA (Ethyl Vinyl Acetate) material, which has already proven its mettle in other shoes, takes the Altra Lone Peak 3.5 to higher levels of comfortability and responsiveness.
The Natural Ride System (NRS) design includes a foot-shaped finish, various foot-shaped shapes, and a zero millimeter heel-to-toe drop for a more natural, closer-to-ground feel. This system lets the sole unit adapt fully to the shape and movement capacity of the wearer’s foot.
The Natural Foot Design follows the natural structure and curve of the human foot, thus giving a secure and agreeable underfoot experience.
The Stone Guard is a flexible thermoplastic urethane material that shields the toes from debris and disperses impact shock, thereby providing protection on the trails. The 5 mm-Contour FootBed provides additional cushioning for the foot.
Dry and healthy feet with Lone Peak 3.5
The Quick Dry Trail Mesh material keeps the runner’s foot cool and dry. Its highly breathable design and updated stitching provide a healthy environment inside the shoe and a better fit to improve the shoe’s efficiency.
The Drilex lining further increases the breathability by improving air circulation inside the shoe.
The Heel Claw around the back of the shoe provides additional support to the runner while also preventing accidental shoe removals. The shoe also has the 4-point GaiterTrap for easy donning of a gaiter through a hook and loop tab.
The Gusseted Tongue effectively prevents the small rocks and dirt from entering the shoe.
Finally, the lace-up closure locks down the foot in position and prevents it from wobbling inside the shoe during the running session.