Who should buy the 860 v6
The New Balance 860 v6 is a stability shoe built for runners with mild to moderate overpronation. You may opt for this running shoe if:
- You want a running shoe with appropriate arch support, yet still adequately cushioned
- You need a road running shoe that can handle long-distance runs
Updates to the New Balance 860 v6
- New no-sew upper construction that prevents irritation and hot spots
- Enhanced outsole design for more balance and control
- Extra cushioning in the midsole for more support and a springier lift
Unique outsole of the 860 v6
The outsole unit utilizes the brand’s Ndurance Carbon Rubber technology that delivers reliable traction on both wet and dry surfaces while giving added cushioning and responsiveness. This carbon rubber is highly reliable and offers optimal durability in high-wear areas.
Strategic arch support
This New Balance shoe uses the ACTEVA LITE midsole foam that is extended to the entire midsole, giving a durable underfoot cushioning. This works impressively well with the shoe’s Medial Post that is strategically placed in the midfoot to correct overpronation.
The ABZORB Crash Pad is another midsole foam that delivers great durability and additional cushioning needed during heel strike. It efficiently absorbs impact for a more stable ride.
The upper of the New Balance 860 v6 uses an open mesh that is breathable and lightweight. It performs efficiently together with the TPU Skin Upper that gives second-skin fit while securing the foot for a much better performance.
The shoe uses the traditional sockliner that gives more underfoot cushioning while the Asymmetrical Heel Counter offers heel lockdown and aids in addressing overpronation.