Who should buy the Saucony Excursion TR 10
- A great choice for trail enthusiasts who are looking for a durable and comfortable neutral trail-running shoe that suits their budget.
- For all-around runners who want a reliable trail partner for cross country races, trail running sessions, or hiking.
Updates to the Saucony Excursion TR 10
- Improve upper to add comfort and fit with more overlays to enhance the locked-down feel and midfoot hold.
- More padded heel and ankle collar to improve the step-in feel and wraparound fit.
- Larger heel loop and thicker mesh to add durability and a more accommodating fit.
Multi-directional lugs for enhanced traction
The outsole features the XT-600 carbon rubber in the heel and around the perimeter of the forefoot. Saucony blankets the perimeter area with toothy lugs for uphill or downhill running.
The midfoot and a large part of the forefoot are covered with multi-directional lugs for enhanced traction. Durability is assured because aside from the abrasion-resistant rubber, the underfoot is quite thick.
This outsole material is also used in the Excursion TR 12 and other running shoes from Saucony.
Excursion TR 10 has shock-absorbing features
A standard injection-molded EVA or IMEVA covers the heel to the forefoot of the Excursion TR 10. It is responsible for the shock-absorbing features and responsiveness of the shoe.
As it is relatively thick, there is a hint of softness in the midsole. The full-length design helps with the movement from landing to take-off.
Saucony Excursion TR 10 offers excellent security and support
The upper is populated by a combination of stitched and welded overlays that provide excellent security and support.
Saucony’s utilization of a knit-mesh upper gives the shoe excellent breathability while retaining the ability to keep off dirt and debris. A plush tongue and collar enhances the comfort and snug fit of the shoe.
For quick and effortless foot entry and exit, a heel loop is included in the design. A traditional lace-up closure clinches the fit of the 10th model of the Excursion TR.