$90 $37 Save 59%
$130 $51 Save 61%
Any color$60 $31 Save 48%
$60 $31 Save 48%
Any color$120 $52 Save 57%
Any color$160 $80 Save 50%
Any color$65 $34 Save 48%
Any color$60 $42 Save 30%
$120 $45 Save 63%
Any color$110 $61 Save 45%
Any color$70 $51 Save 27%
Any color$115 $30 Save 74%
$130 $39 Save 70%
$120 $45 Save 63%
Any color$150 $75 Save 50%
$125 $54 Save 57%
Any color$85 $60 Save 29%
Any color$60 $39 Save 35%
Any color$65 $42 Save 35%
Any color$100 $36 Save 64%
$90 $30 Save 67%
Any color$60 $30 Save 50%
Any color$70 $48 Save 31%
Any color$80 $42 Save 48%
Any color$125 $45 Save 64%
Any color$110 $50 Save 55%
Any color$80 $41 Save 49%
Any color$130 $100 Save 23%
Any color$70 $32 Save 54%
Any color$125 $70 Save 44%
Puma running shoes
Since 1986, the well-known company called Puma has been listed at the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Kering, a French luxury group which is formerly known as PPR or Pinault-Printemps-Redoute holds 16% of the share capital. Artemis SA has 29% ownership of the capital. Former football professional, Bjørn Gulden (CEO) led the company since July 1, 2013.
With its more than 13,000 employees around the world, Puma distributes its high-quality products in 120 countries across the globe.
The bothers, Adolf and Rudolf Dassler, founded the company called Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik. This was first built in their hometown in Herzogenaurach, Germany. Without any clue, they never knew that they would create a strong foundation in the world of sports shoes. They are not the only shoe company in their town, around 50 to 60 factories are distributed around their place. A lot of these factories did not survive the challenges of the shoe market. In the 1950's and 60's, the majority of these companies closed. With the aim to be successful in the market, the Dassler brothers started their own shoe factory in their parent's home in 1924. After which they decided to move into their new facility in 1927.
Within the first few years, a majority of athletes from Germany started to wear the shoe company's spikes. In 1928, they attended the Olympic Summer Games in Amsterdam using the Dassler's shoes. Athletes like Jesse Owens won four gold medals while using the company's sporting Dassler spikes in 1936. With the success of the athletes who wore their shoes, this is the brothers' breakthrough.
During the Gebrüder Dassler Schuhfabrik's time, the two brothers encountered some issues and problems that led to the deterioration of their relationship. Because of this, Adolf and Rudolf Dassler decided to separate ways in 1948. As a result of their separation, two entities were formed, Puma and Adidas. Both shoe companies are headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
After the split, Rudolf Dassler registered the name of his company as Ruda. After this original name, it was then changed to PUMA. Its first logo is composed of a square and a beast that is jumping through the letter "D" together with its name. In the company's clothing and shoe designs, the Puma logo is featured.
The PUMA cat logo
Rudolf Dassler found his new-established company called "Ruda." This name was derived from the combination of the first two letters of his first name and surname. After a while, he decided to change the company's name from Ruda to Puma. The company's first logo does not symbolize agility. Rudolf wants a logo that reflects and embodies the unique characteristics of a Puma cat. These attributes include agility, endurance, strength, speed, and suppleness. In 1967, the first ever version of the well-known Puma cat logo was introduced. Gerd Dassler, son of Rudolf, had a friend whose name is Lutz Backes. Lutz was a caricaturist who designed the logo. He was offered to be paid a cent for every product sold with his designed logo. He refused the offer and asked for a one-off payment. If he accepted the offer, he must have been a millionaire during that time. This is the birth of the famous Puma logo. As time passed by, the cat logo is featured in all Puma products. Over the years, it maintained its original design with slight changes. The nuzzle and eye are removed, and the ears appear to be more pronounced today.
Technologies of Puma running shoes
- EVA foam. This material is structured to be a full-ground contact. This is essential in making the footwear sturdy. It is also abrasion-resistant. The primary purpose of this foam is for effective impact absorption.
- Ethylene-Vinyl Acetate or (EVA) outsole. The goal of this material is to provide the right amount of traction without compromising the performance and light structure of the shoe. It also provides a comfortable underfoot feel.
- Most of the outsole unit of the Puma shoes use the EverTrack. This material is made up of carbon rubber. It is described to be a durable material that covers the forefoot and heel sections of the midsole. It provides additional protection against the hazardous material that can be found on the roads and trails. It also provides traction that is essential for surface control.
- Rubber compound. The outsole of the Puma footwear uses the rubber compound. This durable material is placed in the sole unit to protect the high-wear areas. It also delivers the right amount of grip on a wide variety of surfaces.
- TPU shank. Utilized into the outsole of Puma shoes is the TPU shank. This lightweight material is strategically-designed to deliver additional underfoot support throughout the running session.
- Flex grooves. Flex grooves are added by Puma as a feature in the forefoot section. These grooves are essential in making sure that the foot can move naturally and comfortably during the heel-to-toe transition phase.
- Mobium Band. The Puma shoes on the market use the Mobium Band. This elastic band is engineered to have the figure-eight design. The goal of which is to provide additional balance, flexibility, and responsiveness. It acts as the tendons of the foot that releases pressure during the run and goes back to its original place after every step.
- Transition Line. The Transition Line is described as a vertical flex groove. This line is significant in allowing the foot to follow the runner's natural gait pattern. The natural freedom of motion will be appreciated by neutral runners.
- Chevron Tread Pattern. This feature of the Puma shoe points in two directions. The forefoot points upward while the heel section points downward. The pattern in the forefoot has additional flex grooves that aim to provide a smoother heel-to-toe transition. With the utilization of the tread pattern's opposing directions, it enhances the traction and flexibility of the platform.
- Guidance Line. Featured in the midsole section of the Puma shoe is the Guidance Line. The primary goal of this technology is to mimic the runner's gait pattern in a natural way. As a result, the vertically-placed flex groove creates a more balanced and smoother heel-to-toe transition.
- SPRK foam. This material runs from the base of the heel to the tip of the shoe. This foam is added by Puma to deliver comfort and enhance shock attenuation. This material is essential for runners to experience a more responsive and effective ride.
- Ignite foam. The Ignite foam is described as a full-length cushioning material that is durable. It has the ability to withstand the challenging surfaces even after long hours of running activity. It also aims to deliver a bouncier underfoot experience.
- EVA midsole foam. The presence of the EVA midsole makes a Puma shoe well-cushioned. This component of the footwear gives additional comfort and protection to the underfoot.
- EVA heel pod. The EVA heel pod is integrated into the Puma running shoe. Puma adds it for improved heel cushioning and better shock absorption.
- Midfoot saddle. A midfoot saddle is utilized in a running shoe to let users experience an optimum fit. It also aims to deliver comfort throughout the running activity.
- IMEVA midsole. Puma running shoes use the IMEVA midsole. The goal of which is to provide reliable underfoot cushioning. This material imitates the "windlass mechanism." It can contract and expand as the foot is moving. It aims to provide arch support and follow the natural curvature of the foot.
- Expansion Pods. Lying in the forefoot section are the Puma expansion pods. The purpose of this component of the shoe is to provide additional flexibility and cushioning. It delivers durable impact protection as well.
- Puma MoveCELL technology. This technology is engineered to naturally follow the different movements and directions of the foot. As a result, a more flexible ride is experienced by the wearer.
- ForEverFoam Tech. The ForEverFoam tech lies in the heel area. This high-quality foam offers a more durable cushioning. The goal of which is to encourage structural integrity. Even after several uses, the technology is sure to handle the weight of the runner and extends the lifespan of the platform.
- Engineered Stability Zone. The Engineered Stability Zone is utilized in the midsole area of the Puma running shoe. This is essential to prevent overpronation. The stability zone is strategically-placed in the medial side of the midfoot to the heel to decrease the possibility of the foot to create an inward motion.
- Molded EVA sock liner. A Molded EVA Sock Liner is added to the Puma running shoe. It provides more cushioning and support to the curves of the arches.
- SoftFoam sock liner. This material is integrated to the Puma running shoe to give a softer underfoot feel and additional cushioning.
- EcoOrtholite sock liner. With the utilization of this material, it encourages a healthier and fresher foot environment. The EcoOrtholite sock liner absorbs moisture and sweat which results in the prevention of foot odor. Its bio-based formulation is environmentally-friendly.
- HYBRID Foam. The midsole unit of a Puma running shoe uses the HYBRID foam. This material is the amalgamation of Puma’s NRGY and IGNITE cushioning. These systems aim to deliver a bouncy performance on the roads.
- T-toe construction. This feature is the main upper material used in the running shoe. This component of the footwear is essential in giving the toes additional support. It also provides durability to the area where it lies.
- Synthetic leather. This material is described to have a visually-appealing fracture graphic design. It adds to the durability of the platform and dorsal support when running.
- 3-layered mesh. This component of the Puma running shoe is strategically-designed to provide breathability without sacrificing its support and structure.
- Dual-mesh upper. The Puma footwear features a dual-mesh in the upper area. The goal of which is to provide breathability. This is essential in keeping the foot fresh and dry throughout the running activity.
- Synthetic overlays. The synthetic overlays are utilized in the Puma running shoe. These overlays are significant in providing additional support and structural integrity.
- Padded collar and tongue. This component of the shoe provides additional comfort and a snugger fit.
- Lace-up closure. The lace-up closure system is integrated into the Puma shoe. It provides a snugger fit throughout the runs. As a result, a more secure running is experienced by the user.
- Disc Fit System. The system is directly attached to the midsole area. This technology is described as lightweight and smooth wires that provide a more individualized fit.
- Memory foam. Puma added this feature to enhance the wraparound feel.
- EverFit+. The EverFit+ is described as the two straps on each side of the foot. These straps connect to the heel area to provide a lockdown fit. As a result, the entire upper section is comfortable and secure.
- The upper unit of a Puma running shoe makes use of the AirMesh. This purpose of which is to provide better inflow and outflow of air. This is essential for keeping the foot environment healthier and fresher.
- PWRWARM technology. The PWRWARM technology integrated into the Puma running shoe. It is made up of breathable components that hold the heat. The primary focus of this technology is to keep the foot warm when running in cold weather conditions.
- Comforttemp lining. Lying in the tongue unit is the Comforttemp lining. This material is vital in regulating the temperature inside the foot chamber. Through the tiny pores of the tongue, air is able to enter the interior, making the skin cool and fresh.
- NightCat reflective coating. This component of the Puma running shoe makes the upper unit more visible. In low-light conditions, the runner feels safe when running in the night.
- Knitted mesh upper. Proper ventilation is encouraged by the knitted upper mesh. It ensures freshness and dryness of the foot throughout the running session. As a result, a moisture-free and odor-free foot environment are experienced by the runner.
- Midfoot panels. The Panels are integrated into the Puma running shoes. It lies in the midfoot area that is made from synthetic elements. The construction and placement of the panels are significant in maintaining the structural integrity of the platform and additional foot support.
- To provide a form-fitting coverage, the Ariaprene is utilized in the Puma running footwear. This material is described to be a stretchable fabric that accommodates proper air circulation in the foot chamber.
- Thermoplastic polyurethane saddles. Hugging the sides of the foot is the work of the thermoplastic polyurethane saddles. The saddles are directly connected to the shoe's lacing system. The goal of which is to provide a more secure yet individualized fit.
- Different types of foot shapes are accommodated because of this feature of the Puma running shoe. It provides a glove-like fit that is essential in wrapping the foot comfortably.
Big names in the running shoe scene
Nike is considered to be the nightmare of all the shoe companies in the market today. Because of the company's dedication to producing high-quality running, soccer and basketball running shoes for men, women, and children, they are a "powerhouse." In both offline and online sites, Nike owns thousands of licensees, retail accounts and independent distributors, licensees and retail accounts. If you are seeking a pair of shoes that can be used for training or competition, then check out Nike. This footwear company is considered as Puma's number one competitor.
Adidas was found by Adi Dassler, the brother of Rudolf Dassler. In the early 1920's, the company started in the shoemaking business. Today, it has 2,445 outlets and shops that focus on distributing soccer, training, basketball, sneakers, accessories, and apparels. Adidas is considered as the third most popular sporting goods manufacturer in the business.
Reebok is well-known to be one of the top three competitors of Nike. This is an Adidas subsidiary company that gives Puma sleepless nights. Reebok performs as excellent as the Adidas. They specialize in sports kits for football and cricket sporting events. Reebok has a worldwide annual revenue of $3 billion. Due to the closed segments, Reebok and Puma have a nail and tooth competition in the market today.
The primary focus of the shoe company is to provide products that would give athletes the right combination of sound mind and right frame and attitude when doing their activities. The name Asics is a Greek acronym for “Anima Sana In Corpora Sano”. When translated in English, this means "a healthy soul ought to be in a healthy body." Its design, marketing, and development strategies are centered on their goal. Asics products include basketball, wrestling, running, and volleyball sporting accessories and wear. Due to the slow yet steady growth of this company, this brand is one of the Puma competitors.
This American running company, Brooks, has earned a sinister reputation in the shoe business. They design and market high-performing running footwear, accessories, and apparels for both the men and women. Brooks products are available in more than 60 countries worldwide. Their items are liked and loved by athletes and enthusiasts in working out.
In the USA and the UK, the New Balance is the more famous brand. When seeking high-quality apparels and a pair of sports shoe, New Balance is a good option. Unlike most of the other shoe companies, New Balance shoes are more expensive when compared to other brands of footwear but sure to give the excellent quality that a consumer deserves.
The shoe company has caused ripples. They are chosen to be the official uniform supplier of the American soccer, football, and basketball teams. Its best-selling products include athletic shoes, pants, protective gears, and apparels. Because of the items that Under Armour sells on the market, they have made the competition with other brands more challenging.
Top Puma running shoes based on the ratings of experts and users
Puma Ignite Ultimate
The Puma Ignite Ultimate features a more responsive cushioning and comfort that runners are sure to enjoy throughout their activities. The footwear aims to provide breathability, arch support, and excellent traction that the user needs for a hassle-free ride. Along with the substantial cushioning, several flex grooves are integrated into the footwear. The purpose of which is to give a perfect blend of comfort and flexibility.
Puma Tazon 6 Mesh
The dual-mesh upper is utilized in the Puma Tazon 6 Mesh. Along with the mesh upper is the synthetic overlays. This component of the shoe provides maximum breathability to the platform. As a result, better inflow and outflow of air in the foot chamber is experienced by the runner. The Tazon 6 Mesh uses the TPU shank. This material is described to be lightweight in structure. The primary goal of the shank is to provide stability for the arch and reliable underfoot support. The shoe features the EVA midsole foam that is designed to create a more reliable and comfortable underfoot cushioning. Puma added the EVA heel pod as well. The purpose of which is to provide additional cushioning and enhance shock absorption.
Puma Ignite Disc
After 25 years, the Disc Fit system is back with the Puma Ignite Disc. When compared to previous models, the shoe utilizes a softer and a more durable wire. This wire is essential in allowing the platform to have a form-fitting fit even after several runs. Puma makes this revolutionary technology sleeker and lighter. The PU foam Ignite is integrated into the midsole of the shoe. This is significant in providing a more durable and bouncier cushioning system. A more comfortable and customized fit is encouraged by the Puma’s unique foam upper as well. It hugs the foot from the very first up to the last stride.
Puma Mobium Elite v2
The 2nd installment of the Mobium Elite utilizes the Mobium Band. This band is described as a material that lies in the outsole section of the shoe. It is strategically-designed to serve as the tendons of the foot. It is meant to provide responsiveness, balance, and flexibility in the areas where it is needed. The addition of the EverTrack technology in the outsole area of the shoe gives a considerable amount of protection that can be found on the damaging nature of the road. The rubber compound material used in the making of the Puma Mobium Elite v2 also aims to deliver a reliable traction.
Puma Ignite v2
The Puma Ignite v2 is a road running shoe that is crafted for runners who have neutral foot mechanism. The footwear has gained a lot of appreciation because of its excellent cushioning system. Lying at the heel section of the Puma Ignite v2 is the silicone print. It locks the foot down which results in the prevention of shoe removal and slippage.
Frequently asked questions on brown running shoes
How do I care for my PUMA running shoe?
A Puma running shoe usually requires little maintenance because of its toughness and durability. Same as other shoes, clean your footwear immediately after use. Do not use washing machines in cleaning your shoe. Dry your wet Puma shoe in a natural manner to retain its shape and beauty. Do not put your shoes in a place where there is extreme heat.
What is the most affordable Puma road running shoe in the market today?
The most affordable Puma running shoe is the Puma Flexracer. This information is based on RunRepeat’s rating as of September of this year.
What can I expect when I buy a Puma running shoe?
Runners take a lot of consideration when buying a running shoe. Some of the factors are the price and the quality of the footwear. With the Puma brand, users can expect a comfortable, high-performing and stylish shoe. It cannot only be worn for running but can be used as a lifestyle shoe. That is the reason why the company also produces sneakers.
Is it okay to use a Puma running shoe without wearing a pair of socks?
Running without wearing a sock is really a personal preference. It really depends on the choice of the user. As long as the foot is comfortable throughout the running activity, then go ahead and use your shoe without wearing a sock.
Is Puma the best option in choosing a running shoe?
Choosing the best brand of footwear is very subjective. Only the user can decide whether Puma or other brands in the market is the best running shoe. Even if you read surveys on what is the top running shoe in the internet today, it is only you who can choose and decide which footwear is the best for you.
Is a Puma running shoe durable?
Puma made sure that they produce high-quality running shoes. They know that consumers are very particular about this factor. With the utilization of durable materials that are used in crafting Puma running shoes, the company is confident enough that their footwear will last a long period of time. It is also important that users know how to take care of their shoes to maintain its shape, beauty, and color.
15 best Puma running shoes
- Puma Hybrid NX
- Puma Carson 2 X Knit
- Puma Carson 2 Knit
- Puma Ignite EvoKNIT
- Puma Ignite Limitless Weave
- Puma Carson 2 Nature Knit
- Puma Carson 2 X
- Puma Ignite Disc
- Puma Hybrid Astro
- Puma Hybrid Rocket Runner
- Puma Ignite Limitless SR
- Puma Carson 2
- Puma Cell Regulate Nature Tech
- Puma Cell Descend
- Puma Ignite Limitless SR evoKNIT
A score from 1 to 100 that summarizes opinions from users and experts. The average CoreScore is 78. More...