7 Best Long Distance Running Shoes in 2022
Going for anything longer than a 10K calls for the most reliable, comfortable, and durable running shoe. As the stress on your body increases, so do the demands from a pair of running shoes.
We have taken over 100 shoes on a long-haul run to find out which ones will stand the test. They also went through our lab tests before making it to the top selection.
You might be after a faster shoe, or a max-cushioned marathon shoe, or an extra protective trail shoe for a 100K ultra. We’ve got our top picks in various categories to help you choose the one that fits your needs.
How we test running shoes
No need to read 1500+ shoe reviews when you’re at RunRepeat. It is our mission to test every single long-distance shoe on the market and let you know about the best options.
We’ve been in the running shoe game since 2014 and are now equipped with our own shoe testing lab to put every new release through the wringer. Here is our process:
- Buy a shoe with our own funds to avoid bias
- Run 30-50 miles in each pair
- Cut the shoe open and take it into pieces (literally)
- Mease over 30 parameters that contribute to the shoe’s performance
- Consider all available feedback from runners, shoe experts, and regular users
- Summarize it all into comparable data
In the end, each shoe receives a CoreScore. It is a number from 0 to 100 that indicates how good this shoe is against all others.
Best long distance running shoes overall
Best long distance running shoes for race
Best long distance running shoes for ultra
Best road long distance running shoes
Best long distance running shoes for flat feet
Best value long distance running shoes
What are the most popular long distance running shoes in 2022?
- Brooks Ghost 14
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22
- Brooks Glycerin 20
- On Cloudmonster
- Saucony Endorphin Speed 2
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3
- Hoka One One Bondi 7
- Adidas Ultraboost 22
- Asics Gel Venture 8
- Asics Novablast 2
- Altra Lone Peak 6
- Nike Zoom Fly 4
- Asics Gel Nimbus 24
- Saucony Triumph 19
- Asics Gel Kayano 28
What are the cheapest long distance running shoes in 2022?
- Reebok Flashfilm 3.0 - from $30
- Reebok Lite Plus 3 - from $30
- Asics Gel Scram 6 - from $40
- Saucony Cohesion 14 - from $40
- Under Armour Charged Vantage - from $40
- Asics Gel Venture 8 - from $41
- Reebok Lite 3 - from $42
- New Balance Nitrel V4 - from $42
- Asics Gel Contend 7 - from $44
- Asics Jolt 3 - from $44
- Under Armour Charged Pursuit 3 - from $47
- Under Armour HOVR Sonic 4 - from $48
- Adidas Duramo 10 - from $49
- Puma UltraRide - from $49
- Adidas Fluidflow 2.0 - from $50