|Weight:||Men: 229g | Women: 188g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 6mm | Women: 6mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Heel height:||Men: 28mm | Women: 28mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Release date:||Nov 2017|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Beige, Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Purple, Red, Silver, White, Yellow|
|SKUs:||200007, 201658, 204005, 2099784, 2099904, 2099905, 4099698, 4099699, 4099704, 4099705|
Reviews from around the internet
- 95/100 by RunRepeat
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 89/100 by Believe in the Run
- 85/100 by Believe in the Run
- 75/100 by OutdoorGearLab
- 94/100 by Trail & Kale
- 93/100 by Northern Runner
- 87/100 by Gear Institute
- 87/100 by Running Warehouse
- 90/100 by Run247
- 90/100 by Running Warehouse
- 85/100 by Running Warehouse
- 84/100 by Runner Expert
- 82/100 by Belive in the Run
- 100/100 by Running Warehouse
- 88/100 by Fellrnr.com
- 88/100 by Run Oregon
- 80/100 by The Sport Review
- 80/100 by Running Warehouse
- 91/100 by Tri247.com
- 88/100 by The Runners Edge
- 85/100 by Lauren Kay Sims
- 70/100 by Richard Bakare
Video reviews and unboxing
- On Running introduces the Cloud X, which boldly declares itself to be the world’s lightest fully-cushioned running shoe. The shoe is marketed towards athletes who do running mixed with other types of workouts.
- The Cloud X pays attention to the minute details: With its dual-density sock liner and seamless tongue, the shoe provides comfort unlike any other.
- Using a high-quality engineered mesh, the upper promises optimum performance while also providing breathability. It aims to support the foot without restricting its movements.
- The shoe features a CloudTec® sole built from the latest-evolution Zero-Gravity foam, thus enabling movements that are natural yet flawless. It is aided by Speedboard, their very own cushioning pad technology that gives a precise fit while keeping the foot in place.
The Cloud X is a running shoe that is true to size. Runners are recommended to get a size that follows their usual shoe measurements. The shoe’s moderate construction will accommodate narrow to medium foot volumes. Width profiles are available in D – Medium for men and B – Medium for women.
The outsole of the Cloud X comprises On’s patented CloudTec® outsole. Like the other running shoes from on, the Cloud X’s outsole is engineered to provide cushioning that adapts to any activity, whether all-day wear or active training time. The On Cloud running shoe also features this technology.
CloudTec® uses Zero-Gravity foam, which works under the concept of support without pressure, resulting in a shoe that feels almost weightless. This technology allows for an efficient full-speed run, such as races.
Similar to previous releases from On, the Cloud X also uses CloudTec Elements, the brand’s midsole technology that comes in the form of pods with hollow channels in the middle. These pods work by deflecting under pressure to help the shoe flex and give the foot a stable push-off from the ground. The CloudTec Elements are recognized in the ability to provide a springy ride, as the pods add bounce to each step and distribute impact during the landing phase.
On top of the CloudTec Elements is the Speedboard, a full-length synthetic plate that flexes to enable a smooth transition and a soft landing. The Speedboard is designed to work on various aspects – flexibility, energy distribution, torsion guidance, and dynamics; thus, the foot achieves a more efficient running gait and maximum performance.
The upper of the Cloud X uses a soft outer material made of engineered mesh and an inner mesh layer. With this two-layer upper system, the foot is wrapped snugly and comfortably while ensuring breathability and dynamic movement.
There is an external heel counter that offers support to the area, as well as reinforces and keeps the foot fitted in a variety of 360-degree movements.
The Cloud X uses a traditional lacing system to promote a more accessible yet more secure way of tightening the shoe.