|Update:||Asics GT 2000 8 Lite-Show|
|Weight:||Men: 303g | Women: 246g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||Medium arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 21mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 12mm | Women: 11mm|
|Release date:||Nov 2018|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Grey, Pink, Red, White, Yellow|
|SKUs:||1011A158001, 1011A158022, 1011A158100, 1011A158400, 1011A158401, 1011A262001, 1012A143402, 1012A147002, 1012A147401, 1012A610100|
Reviews from around the internet
Video reviews and unboxing
- The upper of the Asics GT 2000 7 was updated. A new woven mesh material was introduced to improve fit and breathability. Although the previous open mesh material was suitable, this new one is woven closer together for improved durability.
- The weight of the shoe increased slightly. For the men’s version, it is now 303grams. Previously it was 298grams. For the women, the weight is now 246grams which is 16grams heavier than the previous version.
- An Ortholite sock liner was added to improve the in-shoe feel and comfort. The component also enhances the cushioning felt by the runner. This type of sock liner is absorbent and aids in fighting bacteria caused by foot sweat.
- The toe box was redesigned to be rounder to allow more room for the toes to splay naturally while running.
- The midsole and the outsole were adjusted to fit the new last. This technique allows the Asics GT 2000 7 to offer more reliable cushioning, as it helps minimize overpronation. Underfoot, the sensation delivered is balanced since it blends softer cushioning, which is closer to the underfoot, and a firmer foam, which is closer to the ground. A possible neutral shoe counterpart would be the Gel Cumulus 20, which is also from Asics.
- This new version of the Asics GT 2000 also features a band under the mesh as well as a panel on the big toe side of the toe box. Both of these features are for support, assisting the midsole in minimally reducing excessive foot movement.
The Asics GT 2000 7 comes in standard running shoe lengths. Its width options, however, have a bit more variety. The men’s version is available in D - Medium, 2E - Wide, 4E - Extra Wide. For the females’ version, the widths to choose from are B - Medium, D – Wide.
The outsole is made up two kinds of Asics High Abrasion Rubbers otherwise known as AHAR. The first one is the standard AHAR which is a blown rubber compound placed on the forefoot area for a more responsive cushioning and better flexibility. The second kind is known as the AHAR+ which was specifically placed on the heel. It is more durable than the standard AHAR because the material it’s made of is carbon rubber - a compound that exhibits exceptional durability.
The midsole has been designed with the I.G.S or Impact Guidance System Technology from Asics. It is a design philosophy that links components together to allow a more natural gait transition throughout the running cycle. It’s not just one feature functioning, but a link between interdependent parts to produce optimal movement.
Because of the Asics GT 2000 7 is a stability shoe, it minimizes the excessive rolling inward of the foot. It has components, especially on the midsole that allows it to deliver this benefit. First, is the DuoMax Support, which is a firm sponge that reduces the stress on the foot. The main platform was similarly designed to a wedge – higher on one side, then tapering into a side that’s thinner. The higher part of the platform is the DuoMax Support. The thinner side is made up of the Flytefoam material which uses organic fibers that bounce back to their original shape when pressure is lifted, supplying the shoe with consistent responsiveness.
On the rear and forefoot areas are gel cushioning technologies. These gel pads are silicone-based, and help with shock absorption upon impact, as well as improve the overall cushioning of the shoe.
Also on the midsole is a Trusstic System. Aside from the DuoMax rubber, it also has this system which is located in the middle part of the platform. It prevents the foot from twisting by providing rigidity and structural integrity.
For optimal movement, there’s also the Guidance Line Technology on the midsole. It also enhances the performance of the runner by reducing the imbalance caused by the shift in a runner’s center of pressure.
The upper is made up of a material called Jacquard mesh. Compared to the regular mesh, this type of material is more durable. It doesn’t lose its lightweight breathability. Because of how tightly the threads are woven, this mesh maintains its shape but loosens in the right areas, allowing the foot to move naturally.
Also on the upper are different overlays. The first one is an overlay on the heel which serves as a clutching system. It improves the fit of the shoe, as well as minimally stabilize the heel. The overlay on the sides slightly secures the midfoot from moving.
A standard lace-up closure has been added to the Asics GT 2000 7. Tightening the laces will ensure that the fit on the midfoot is securing, preventing accidental slipping off of the shoe while the runner is in motion. Although the lacing is traditional, the eyelets were designed to be discreet, helping disperse the tension on the laces.
For additional comfort and cushioning, a molded EVA sock liner was added to the shoe’s inside. This layer was made with anti-bacterial material that helps absorb foot sweat, as well as reduce odor and moisture for an inside environment that’s ideal.