Brooks Glycerin GTS 19 review
Who should buy Brooks Glycerin GTS 19
You will really enjoy this shoe if you are run most/all miles on the road. This is the (G)o (T)o (S)hoe for any runner that wants to be prepared for whatever the workout might be.
It’s a winner for those who need a little cushion but don’t want to feel disconnected from the road.
Who Should NOT buy Brooks Glycerin GTS 19
You will be displeased if you are looking for:
- A quick shoe for track work or racing
- Need a medium high to high arch support
- Want a shoe for trail and road
This is a shoe that you get what you are expecting from it on every run. It provides a plush ride and smooth heel to forefoot transition.
Great on long runs - I have run over 20 mile runs a couple of times in this shoe, and my feet were still happy at the end of those runs.
Conditions that I would try to avoid:
- Snow - not a surprise there’s not enough traction for a comfortable run
- Trails - while I covered miles on the trail this is a stable surefooted trail shoe
- Track - don’t expect to turn in a PR quarter mile
The Glycerin GTS 19 is true to size
This shoe fits true to size. I did find the midfoot to be slightly wider than Brooks Levitate 4. The forefoot offers plenty of room for the long runs.
- Great durability built to get your money's worth
- Quality; plush upper well constructed
- The value you’ll get more than what you paid for
I referred to this shoe as the girl you don’t want to date but the one you want to marry — reliable, consistent GTS for every day.
Tip: see the best running shoes.