Similar running shoes
|Weight:||Men: 11.5oz | Women: 9.8oz|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 10mm | Women: 10mm|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Strike Pattern:||Heel strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 32mm | Women: 32mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 22mm | Women: 22mm|
|Release date:||Dec 2016|
|Type:||Heavy | Big guy|
|Width:||Normal | Normal|
|Colorways:||Black, Blue, Green, Grey, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, White|
|SKUs:||BA9937, BB3483, BB3484, BB3485, BB6038, CG4023, CG4039, CG4040, CG4041, EG5420|
Adidas has once again revamped the Supernova series to make runs more enjoyable and less strenuous on your legs! From now on, Adidas will drop the Glide Series and stick with the ubiquitous name of Supernova.
I have run 500+ miles on these shoes and let me just say it’s a great one!
The greatest part of this shoe is the midsole and its technology that is within it.
The midsole consists of 3 things: boost™ technology in which Adidas boasts about its 20% energy return, guide rail to guide your foot for a smooth landing and takeoff, Torsion® System between the heel and forefoot to stabilize all of the boost™ cushions.
The moment I put this shoe on and went for a long run of 10 miles, I could feel the massive cushion this shoe has. It’s not too cushiony where I did not feel the surface I was currently running on, but the perfect amount of boost technology to make the run cushioned.
Also, from the picture below you can see that the boost™ technology is exposed in the footbed of the shoe so that the technology keeps its shape and consistent throughout every run.
The outsole also has a significant impact on how the shoe performs in all types of situations. The stretch web layout of rubber paves the way for a new way to get traction and more energy return other than the boost™ cushion itself.
Also, the rubber is made by Continental™ so that in wet or dry conditions traction still prevails. As you can see from the picture below, even with 500+ miles on the shoe the rubber is still in contact and provides superior traction.
The upper consist of a 3-striped cage on both sides of the shoe to lockdown the arch of your foot, breathable mesh to ventilate your feet, open toe box so your toes are not crammed into tiny spaces, S-shaped heel to lockdown your heel, FITCOUNTER molded heel counter to provide a natural fit and allow movement of the Achilles.
All of these provide the superb amount of comfort and fluidity to every day runs.
- A substantial amount of cushion with boost™ and is still responsive
- Superior traction with Continental™ Rubber and continues even with the number of miles on this shoe
- The constant stabilization of the shoe with my landing and takeoff
- 3 striped cage that supported my arch all of the 500+ miles of running
- After 400+ miles the plastic of the 3-striped cage would squeak every time I landed
- I had to use the heel-lockdown shoelace technique because the heel wouldn’t provide enough support to hold my heel down
- Heaviness! Great for a long and slow run but I did not wear these at all on any of my workouts
In conclusion, Adidas Supernova provides the out-of-this-world cushion to partake in a long journey of constant pounding and stress that is prevalent in running. This shoe is appealing to those who love the feel of cushion and a traditional feel.
If you are looking for neutral running shoes with lots of cushioning and boost material, the Adidas Supernova is the one for you.
The shoes look pretty good with breathable upper, cushion, and sustainable midsole.
Design and flexibility
These shoes look very appealing. It has the best breathable upper when you compare it with most of the Adidas Boost shoes.
However, the tongue is thick and long, which I think are unnecessary. Moreover, it doesn’t stay in the middle as it slips either side of the foot when you are running. One has to stop to pull and adjust it.
Nevertheless, the shoe is very bouncy and flexible. I don’t see any problem with the midsole and outsole. The midfoot is a bit tight in when it was new, but it was fine after a few runs.
Upper and midsole
What took my interest is the shoe's upper. All the Adidas Boost shoes upper is thick and adds to the weight of the shoe.
Looking at the Supernova, I felt this could be the right shoe for me with the upper being very light stretchy mesh kind of material.
I have run around 250 km in this shoe. By this time, the holes on the upper started to get wider and wear out near the toe box.
When you wear it for the first time, you will notice that the toe box is wider. The heel is also beefier with the Adidas Boost material, and it has a very responsive midsole.
These shoes have the Adidas torsion system like most of the Adidas boost shoes. The system secures your foot from heel to forefoot. Thus, adding stability to control your strike.
There is also a stable lockdown that supports the Achilles and prevents injury while running.
The outsole is Continental rubber as most of the Adidas Boost running shoes have. The grip is good on the dry surface, but sometimes it slips on the wet grass even with thick rubber outsole.
The outsole is still good and very responsive, but I don’t think the upper would get me more than another 50–100 km.
Adidas should give these shoes some sustainable uppers to compensate for the shoes' cost, which is 450 Malaysian Ringgits (110 USD).
- These shoes are well-designed for wide feet and have lots of boost material under the foot.
- The outsole is solid and is more durable than any other shoes. There were no signs of wear and tear even after running 250KM and using these regularly as a lifestyle shoe.
- The mesh upper of these shoes is stretchable and breathable.
- There is s good support for the Achilles with the heel locked down properly.
- It has well-designed torsion support for midfoot stability and strike.
- There is a ton of boost material under your foot; Thus, making you bounce during the run.
- It is a perfect lifestyle shoe that you can wear even for 10 hours.
- The toe box is a bit wider than usual so, people with narrow feet would feel their feet wobble in these.
- The stretchy mesh upper is not durable even with after just a few runs, but the outsole still looks good and nice.
- These shoes are on the heavier side, so it is not a good option of long runs.
- The shoes are slippery on the wet grass or when used in the rain.
These are very good as lifestyle shoes as these are very comfortable even when you wear them the whole day. The shoe is a bit on the heavier side.
These are also good for an everyday trainer who runs 5km to 10km but not recommended for the half marathons or marathons.
I am going to use these shoes probably for my easy runs where my pace is not a concern.
These add cushion and control to your feet. For running, these are not as good as the other shoe brands in the market, which are available for the same price.
- The Supernova’s mid-sole unit has a bouncy effect. The Boost™ layer, which employs solid granular material in the shape of miniature capsules, has the capability of returning energy efficiently and taking the user’s running experience to comfortable new levels.
- The FITCOUNTER molded heel counter prevents heel slippage during long runs, provides a natural fit and the optimal movement of the Achilles heel. The runners are given the chance to do longer distances without feeling the usual level of tired.
- Adidas Supernova also uses the STRETCHWEB technology, which reduces foot impact on the ground and gives enhanced protection against wear and tear. It’s a webbed design that is deployed on the external part of the running shoe.
Supernova provides a snug fit, stays true to size and at the same time gives enough room for the feet to adjust. The shoe is available in the medium width for both the men and women’s versions.
The outsole of the shoe is made of light weight Continental™ rubber, which is specially designed to give extraordinary grip in all the conditions. It provides the runner with an improved control over the asphalt.
Just like the popular Adidas Ultra Boost, the Adidas Supernova features the STRETCHWEB technology. It is a web-like design that distributes impact shock and encourages foot flexibility.
Boost™ is the foam that’s used in this running shoe. It’s made from thousands of TPU pellets that are compacted together. It’s meant to deliver a springy and comfortable underfoot experience.
Adidas Supernova has the TORSION® SYSTEM which is a supportive unit placed in the midsole to reduce unnecessary flexing of the foot arch. Generally, this add-on acts as a bridge between the forefoot and rearfoot, adjusts the feet to ground undulations and even provides lateral movement control in a range of sports. Its benefits include proper fitting of the shoe, enhanced protection, and stability.
The Adidas Supernova is specially provided with an improved Engineered Mesh upper to allow air to enter. This helps to keep the foot cool and dry while delivering healthy and secure feel in any condition.
The upper of the shoe utilizes seamless and perforated thin fabric which is not only non-irritant against the skin, but also ensures safety and reduces exhaustion during a run.
Size and fit
How Supernova compares
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
3 shoes (0.33% of shoes)
6 shoes (0.66% of shoes)
29 shoes (3% of shoes)
53 shoes (6% of shoes)
54 shoes (6% of shoes)
150 shoes (17% of shoes)
245 shoes (27% of shoes)
306 shoes (34% of shoes)
58 shoes (6% of shoes)
112 shoes (12% of shoes)
261 shoes (29% of shoes)
265 shoes (29% of shoes)
162 shoes (18% of shoes)
63 shoes (7% of shoes)
31 shoes (3% of shoes)
7 shoes (0.77% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
2 shoes (0.22% of shoes)
1 shoes (0.11% of shoes)
7 shoes (0.92% of shoes)
27 shoes (4% of shoes)
56 shoes (7% of shoes)
149 shoes (20% of shoes)
224 shoes (29% of shoes)
189 shoes (25% of shoes)
73 shoes (10% of shoes)
25 shoes (3% of shoes)
7 shoes (0.92% of shoes)
3 shoes (0.39% of shoes)