Who should buy the Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0
As the name implies, the Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 was created for speed training, high-impact workouts, CrossFit WODs, and running. It is a solid choice if:
- You are looking for a shoe that has the sturdiness to endure rigorous rope climbs.
- Your workout routine requires you to perform multi-directional foot movements and need a pair that could accommodate such maneuvers.
Updates to the Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0
- The shoe now employs the Cordura fabric as the main material of the upper unit. It is engineered to be lightweight yet hard-wearing to endure the toughest workouts.
- The outsole design has also received a revamp. The multi-directional lug pattern with the RopePro piece on the midfoot aims to provide a better grip on all kinds of surfaces, including ropes.
- The Kip Klip is added at the back of the shoe. It is a durable TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) compound that shields the heel during handstand push-ups.
This CrossFit shoe from Reebok utilizes an updated tread pattern. It features lined lugs which are facing different directions depending on the part of the outsole. This design serves to provide multi-directional traction on varied surfaces.
The MetaSplit flex grooves are strategically placed throughout the unit. They afford flexibility to the platform to make it easily move with the foot. The highest concentration of these grooves is found in the forefoot where most pliability is needed.
The midfoot portion of the outsole is covered in vertical lugs as part of the RopePro technology. The also hug the midsole on both sides to shield the platform against abrasion during rope descents. They also ensure grip when the wearer ascends the rope.
The Reebok CrossFit Speed TR 2.0 makes use of an ultra-soft EVA midsole for cushioning. It is a responsive full-length foam which attenuates shock and gives a rebound during high-impact training.
The trainer has a 3-mm heel-to-toe drop. This differential places the foot evenly on the platform, allowing for a steady and grounded experience. A TPU Kip Klip is added at the rearfoot section. This wear-resistant compound guards the heel when it slides up and down the wall during wall push-ups and similar exercises.
Tear-resistant and ventilated upper
The Cordura fabric makes up the upper unit of the CrossFit Speed TR 2.0. This nylon material is well known for its quality and resistance to tears, scuffs, and abrasions. It is meant to withstand the most demanding workouts. It also has ventilation pores to keep the foot chamber aerated.
The polyurethane overlays are placed on top of the Cordura on the toe box and the instep. They add structure to the exterior.
A more rigid synthetic material wraps the heel and the toe box. These reinforcements act as bumpers that protect the areas from impact. The upper uses a low-cut design. It makes sure that ankle mobility is not hindered during agile training.