Good to know
What is it for? This pair of Reebok training shoes is designed for Olympic weightlifting. The heel is made from rigid plastic that doesn’t compress. It is raised higher than the forefoot, helping plant the foot when lifting heavy.
Who is it for? People who might like the Reebok Legacy Lifter II include those who:
- are Olympic weightlifters
- need a dedicated weightlifting shoe for their workout regimen
- don’t mind spending a little more on specialized weight training shoes.
The Reebok Legacy Lifter II is an update to the brand’s flagship weight lifting shoe. Though the two models sport the same silhouette, several updates are quite noticeable.
- Instead of two midfoot straps, the Legacy Lifter 2 now features a single wide strap.
- The TPU heel cup is far higher compared to the previous version, to provide better heel support.
- Instead of the Delta logo, Reebok used is Vector logo on this iteration.
- The new outsole material resembles gum sole.
- The previous model used leather in most of the upper, but this version offers more breathability with its textile upper
Traction. The Reebok Legacy Lifter II uses a full-length rubber outsole. It features a simple tread pattern that aids in keeping the foot grounded when lifting.
Rigidity. This model is not as flexible as your typical pair of workout shoes. This design ensures that the foot will remain flat and be able to support the wearer while weightlifting.
Stability. The midsole of the Legacy Lifter II features a full-length TPU stability plate. This component is a hard plastic that aids in stiffening the sole unit.
Support. The heel is also made from TPU. It is flared at the bottom, which helps steady the foot. The top section cups the hindfoot, preventing unnecessary rearfoot movements. This material is so sturdy that it won’t compress or bend.
Cushioning. Inside is a thin foam insole. It provides a comfortable footbed that also prevents the foot from sliding around while you train.
Coverage. Textile makes up the top of the Reebok Legacy Lifter II. This material is more pliable than leather, which was used in the previous model. It also offers more breathability.
The inside is lined with soft fabric. It prevents chafing or blistering, especially at the Achilles area.
Fit. Soft foam is used to line the tongue and the collar. Not only does the foam add a comfortable element, but it also helps secure the fit.
Lockdown. The Legacy Lifter II uses two types of closure. The first is the lacing system, allowing wearers to adjust the fit throughout the whole midfoot.
Meanwhile, a single wide strap is placed near the top. It enhances the foothold, to keep the foot securely supported inside the shoe.
At the back, a TPU heel counter can be seen. This rigid plastic wraps the rearfoot, effectively locking in the rearfoot.