|Collection:||Nike Lifestyle Shoes|
|Material:||Air Sole, Rubber Sole|
|Colorways:||Beige, Black, Blue, Brown, Green, Grey, Purple, Red, Silver, White|
|SKUs:||918264001, 918264003, 918264004, 918264015, 918264016, 918264200, 918264404, 918264700, 918264800, AA0521600|
Experts are sneaker fanatics, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
On feet, the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer runs true to size and has a snug fit as a result of the cleatie-shaped sock-like Flyknit material in the upper. A rope lacing system is secured by Flywire-like eyelets that keep the fit on point and ensure a good lockdown.
Stylish sneakers are recently embracing the one-piece cleatie silhouette as more feet-hugging fabrics have been incorporated into the lifestyle and athletic footwear. Such is the case of Nike’s Flyknit material that has been slowly transforming Nike’s classic and iconic shoes like the Nike Air Mariah and Nike Air Sock Racer into modernized versions. This same style and fashionable appeal are what attracts modern consumers especially the youth to buy the men’s and women’s Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer casual shoes.
The stretchy Flyknit is a durable and stretchy knitted upper material introduced by Nike to keep the foot lightweight, breathable and flexible. Aside from the Flyknit upper, what is displaying that sophisticated style in this low-top sneaker is the amazing colorways that have recently been released by Nike to match the seasons when it is worn.
First colorways that came out of the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer are the Knicks-like white hyper crimson motif and Oreo colorways. Soon other colorways were released coinciding with the season such as string, grey black, pure platinum, and multicolor. Other newly-released colorways of the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer include the pure platinum. deep burgundy, dessert moss, multicolor 2.0, and royal blue color options.
The lifestyle running shoe is available for both sexes to express their individuality. Here are some styling and wearing suggestions of Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer for men and women:
- For Men: The men’s Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer running-inspired shoes are the perfect choice for those looking for an athleisure kick. The sleek design is suitable for some quick runs in the park or the urban commute. Wear them casually with joggers, track pants, slim-fit pants, skinny jeans, athletic shorts, and cropped denim. The shoes are best worn with sporty tees or sleeveless tops for those with an active lifestyle.
- For Women: The Flyknit running sneaker and its stylish colorways are great pairs to don if you want to work out for a few hours and meet up with friends at the mall or hang out for a cup of coffee. The Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer women’s sneaker is a suitable athleisure kick for those who want to run around the city for daily commutes to work, to the supermarket, or for gym exercise. Wear them with athletic shorts, yoga or compression pants, leggings, track pants, and skinny fit jeans for a look that exudes a no-fuss, laidback vibe. Women may also wear tees, body-hugging tops, hoodies, and workout clothes with these shoes for casual day trips and walk in the city.
Full-length Zoom Air cushioning technology has helped a lot in keeping the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer well-cushioned and comfortable. But probably, its most notable feature is the Flyknit material in the upper that gives the shoe a snug fit of a sock.
The revolutionary Flyknit material is a result of four years of study of Nike programmers, designers, and engineers for an upper technology that would create a knitted upper resulting to enhanced support, flexibility, and breathability. This particular technology helped Nike in revolutionizing its top material, the Flyknit, which is known to be featherweight and formfitting which eventually results to a seamless upper.
With iconic Nike running shoes inspiring the creation of the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer, it is undeniable that expectations on its features are going to get high. The Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer silhouette was inspired by the Nike Air Mariah, the Nike Air Sock Racer, and the recent Nike Flyknit Racer.
Nike Air technology has been around since the 1970s with the release of the first shoe using the technology, the Nike Tailwind. But an improvement of the Tailwind came much later in 1982 when the Nike Air Mariah was released. Worn by marathon legends such as Alberto Salazar, this design was further improved to suit long-distance running in 1988 with the release of the Nike Air Mariah PR with its trademark White and Hyper Crimson colorway.
The newer design included an updated close-fitting nylon and microfiber upper paired with the full-length air unit encapsulated in the midsole. Later on, more modern versions of the Zoom Air were incorporated into the Zoom Mariah in 1992 while retro versions were released of the design in 2000 bearing the OG white and hyper crimson colorway.
Meanwhile, another shoe that influenced the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer is the Nike Air Sock Racer and the newer Nike Flyknit Racer. First released in 1986, the Nike Air Sock Racer was a serious racing flat that had a considerable following in running circles. Designed by Bruce Kilgore, the Nike Air Sock Racers were running shoes that felt like wearing socks but could run marathons.
Made of an extraordinarily breathable and form-fitting mesh upper, a Nike Air sole in the middle and lightweight polyurethane sole that are secured by straps and buckles for a quick fit was Nike’s first running shoe kicks without shoelaces. Future releases of this shoe paved the way for modern designs such as the famous Nike Ultra Flyknit Racer.
Birth of the Flyknit tech
It took Nike more than a decade to come up with a newer upper fabric technology that would revolutionize the future of footwear. The lightweight Flyknit technology that was first released in 2012 was primarily used in the performance-engineered shoe.
With the use of knitted fabrics across the upper of the athletic shoe, Flyknit reduces waste by as much as 60 percent as compared to cut and sew footwear. Ever since Nike used Flyknit in some of their shoes, it has decreased more than 3.5 million tons of waste. In fact, in 2016, Nike in its released infographic claimed that it had completed the transition of all core yarn for all Nike Flyknit shoes into recycled polyester which reflects their environmental commitment by diverting more than 182 million bottles from landfills. The technology also boasts that it is two ounces lighter than regular cut and sew shoes.
Bringing together design inspirations from all these iconic shoes, the first Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer was released in June 2017 with the Knicks-like white and hyper crimson colorway as its primary design. Soon other colorways were released that include the Oreo, platinum, and multicolor to name a few.
- The Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer features a web rubber tread outsole for maximum durability that can last long-distance runs.
- Rope lacing system attaches to Brio cable eyelets for a perfect lockdown.
- A visible Zoom Air cushioning unit can be seen at the bottom of the Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer running shoe surrounded by a black rubber outsole.
- Nike branding details are found at the tongue, and a Swoosh logo on the side panels complete the look.
- Football star Cristiano Ronaldo has been spotted wearing the famous Nike running-inspired sneakers and has also endorsed the same shoe model for Nike.
- British celebrities like product endorser Coleen Rooney and model Rowan Row have been spotted wearing the shoes in casual events.