Who should buy the Adidas Terrex Swift R3 GTX
When adventuring in fair weather is not an option, whip out the Terrex Swift R3 GTX. Purchase this kick if:
- The trails you take on have slippery sections (think muddy and mulchy slopes).
- You want a super-comfy hiker that gives extraordinary heel control.
- Feature-rich hiking shoes excite you, especially those that won't weigh you down.
Who should NOT buy it
With no reported breathability issues, the Merrell Moab 2 GTX is a good alternative to the Terrex Swift R3 GTX. You might also want to opt for the non-waterproof Adidas Terrex AX3 instead if you prefer something truly inexpensive.
What changed in the Terrex Swift R3
The featured hiker offers than its predecessor (a.k.a. the Terrex Swift R2 GTX). And while somewhat heavier than the one that came before, the Terrex Swift R3 GTX makesthanks to its runner-inspired sole unit.
Numerous reviewers, including a professional blogger, find the Continental outsole of the Adidas Terrex Swift R3 GTX mighty grippy. They find its lugs amazing both on moist soil and dry terrain.
The Terrex Swift R3 GTX, according to an experienced hiker-slash-critic, has a cradle-like rearfoot, which cups the heel in place. It also provides extra shock absorption.
Terrex Swift R3 GTX equals dreamy confines
Quite a number of trail-goers are convinced that this offering from Adidas is a super-comfortable shoe.
Wanted: A more breathable shell
Hikers are not confident about the shoe’s subpar breathability. An expert among them even said that it would be quite the “overkill in the summer.”
Keeps wetness out
To a seasoned blogger and dozen-plus testers, this piece from Adidas repels moisture completely.
Feature-rich but not clunky
It is a remarkably lightweight hiker, considering that it is packed with a lot of techs, says a gear p
Engineered to last
Its robust and lasting construction is one of its selling points, and footgear mavens strongly agree.
The price you have to pay
Its 150-dollar minimum suggested retail price (MSRP) is too steep for a low-top trail shoe. Case in point: it's about $20 more expensive than the average cost of hiking shoes.
Adidas Terrex Swift R3 GTX: Advocating for speed
Strides that double down on momentum come in every pair of the Terrex Swift R3 GTX. Whether you are negotiating gravel-filled tracks, level terrain, or rocky inclines, the featured hiker will roll with you, propelling you to go further and faster.
While categorizing it under trail runners is rather reaching, the Terrex Swift R3 GTX is built for speed. Its latent ability to help you bolt across trails is because of the united effort of the following:
- Lightstrike – A proprietary sole technology that combines cushioning and speed, providing responsive and springy transitions.
- Pro-Moderator – Its presence translates to additional lateral stability and midfoot protection, giving you extra security over rugged terrain and preventing premature leg fatigue.
- Toothy lugs – These protrusions will afford you sufficient purchase on different types of terrain, including muddy ones. They shed earth with every step, allowing you to be always on the go.