Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
74 / 100 based on 3 expert reviews
They're perfect in hot weather.
The Teva Original is a cult classic, and although it lacks support, it will always have support from a loyal following who swear by its benefits. If you're looking for a shoe to walk around town with and kick it at summer BBQs, this is a good choice for you.
Teva offers travelers with a comfortable and reasonably affordable sandal for trekking through all types of outdoors landscapes.
- The Teva Original Universal is a hiking sandal that renders comfort and versatility. Its Durabrasion rubber and triangular tread pattern make the outsole wear-resistant and relatively grippy.
- The ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole is both cushiony and responsive. It is also resilient to abrasions. The open-toe construction with polyester webbing and Universal Strapping System of the upper allows a secure, breathable and comfortable stride. Fine tuning the fit is made easier by the hook-and-loop closure.
The Original Universal is a hiking sandal for men and women. It uses a hook-and-loop closure for easy on and off. The straps have multiple points of adjustment for a customized fit.
This multi-sport sandal from Teva features the Durabrasion rubber outsole. It creates a balance between performance and durability. The triangular-shaped pattern on the underfoot contributes to the traction and maintains a stable footing on various ground conditions. Moreover, this rubber outsole is flexible and lightweight.
The Teva Original Universal midsole is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. This material is elastic, eco-friendly and resistant to hardening. Likewise, it provides cushioning which absorbs stress from impacts for a comfortable ride. EVA does not absorb water hence, allowing the sandals to dry quickly after getting soaked.
The breathable, open-toe construction of the Teva Original Universal features polyester webbing for its upper. This material is known for its high tensile strength and resistance to abrasion. It also has a soft feel to it despite its strong resilience. This water-ready webbing allows the pair to dry quickly and does not promote the development of mildew.
The patented Universal Strapping System, which includes a toe strap, heel strap and a lateral strap, is also featured in this multi-sport sandal. It aims to retain the feet while engaging in activities without compromising comfort. The lateral strap prevents a significant change in tension during flexion.
- The Teva Original Universal is vegan-friendly.
- Teva recommends hand washing the sandals using warm water and mild soap. Use a soft bristled brush to remove dirt build up on the grooves. For a deeper clean, carefully bend the sandals to expose the grooves. Do not machine wash.
- To remove persistent odor, try Teva's recommendations:
- Mix one cup of antimicrobial mouthwash with two cups of water. Allow the sandals to soak for 15 minutes then scrub with a soft-bristled brush. Air dry.
- Immerse the sandals in a hot or chlorinated tub for 15 to 20 minutes. Scrub, rinse and air dry.
- Put the clean and dry sandals in a plastic sealing bag and freeze overnight.
- Apply a layer of baking soda on the footbed and allow to sit for 8 to 24 hours. Strengthen the odor-neutralizing effect by putting them in a plastic bag after sprinkling baking soda.
- Depending on how often the sandals are used, Teva recommends washing them every two to four weeks.
- The Universal Strapping System was patented in the year 1988.
- It is a classic silhouette.