Cross Hike GTX: Unapologetically athletic
How fast would you go if the pair you have on is as sporty as the Cross Hike GTX? While the answer to that would depend largely on your personal preference, going nimble is definitely something you can achieve in this bad boy.
The Cross Hike GTX, just like most lightweight hiking shoes, is indeed capable of helping you blaze through rough terrain. How does it do it, though? The following are the elements that make this Salomon hiker a commendable speedster.
- Lightweight synthetic upper with ultra-thin protective overlays
- Tuckable speed laces (they will not get in the way)
- Energy-returning midsole (engineered less blocky at the heel for freer mobility)
- Rockered forefoot (makes push offs springier)
- Grippy outsole whose chevron lugs are generously spaced apart to shed mud and debris as you go
- If you need extra ankle support to go with your freedom of movement, consider the featured shoe’s older sibling—the Cross Hike Mid GTX.