Who should buy the Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea
The Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea’s list of trail-centric traits may prove to be a remarkable option for adventurers traversing snowy environments. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps users tackle cold environments.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides water protection and insulation respectively.
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers traction on wet and icy surfaces.
Updates to :name
Updates to Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea
- The Arctic 600 Chelsea is a Danner hiking boot engineered with various features that help users tackle cold environments. Its suede leather upper contains both a Danner Dry membrane and 200g of PrimaLoft Gold for water protection and insulation, respectively.
- Giving outdoor lovers sufficient cushioning is the footgear’s Vibram SPE midsole, which is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) foam. It features a Vibram Nisqually Arctic Grip outsole to deliver traction on wet and icy surfaces.
Size and fit
The Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea is a mid-top hiking boot for male and female winter hikers. Its upper uses a slip-on design, which provides a snug fit to the wearer. It is built on the brand’s DPDX last to give a sleek profile that promotes comfort.
Excellent traction on snowy and icy surfaces
This Danner above-the-ankle hiking boot for winter adventurers comes with a Vibram Nisqually Arctic Grip outsole. It is made of a durable Vibram Arctic compound, which can handle low temperatures without freezing off. It employs flex lines, and a combination of diamond and triangular lugs to render traction on snowy and icy surfaces.
Provides excellent control when descending and extra protection
The sole’s heel area has a split design for added control when descending. Its front tip covers a portion of the forefoot section for extra protection from trail dangers.
The Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea is equipped with a Vibram SPE, which stands for Specialized Performance Elastomer, midsole to offer balance when tackling uneven trails. It uses a compound that contains a blend of rubber and lightweight EVA foam. This combination yields cushioning and shock reduction. A nylon shank is integrated into the midsole to prevent the boot from contorting.
Moreover, it also has an open-cell polyurethane (PU) Ortholite footbed made of varying densities. These layers found in the footbed grant added cushioning while optimizing air circulation.
Abrasion-resistant and waterproof
The men’s and women’s Danner Arctic 600 Chelsea features a suede leather upper lined with a Danner Dry membrane. These components provide resistance to abrasion and water protection without compromising breathability. It also contains 200g of PrimaLoft Gold to retain heat in cold weather conditions.
Provides assistance when wearing
A pair of pull tabs are found on the tongue and collar to provide wearers with easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Those who are planning to explore warm and humid environments may do well with a pair of breathable hiking shoes. Among the choices that may be considered is the Merrell Moab 2 Ventilator.