10 Best Neutral Running Shoes in 2022
Neutral running shoes are intended for people with neutral pronation, when the foot is not rolling inwards excessively. These shoes have no additional stabilizers or foot guiding features.
Making up around 85% of the running shoe market, there is more than plenty of neutral shoes to choose from. We have personally tested over 100 of these shoes from 30+ brands to pick out the cream of the crop.
Be it a go-to daily trainer that you’re after, a race-day shoe, or a rugged trail option, we’ve got our top picks in five different categories.
You can also learn more about pronation and other nitty-gritties of running shoes in the bottom section of this guide.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this article is to educate, not to make any medical diagnosis or recommendation.
Overview of this guide
- 1. How we test running shoes
- 2. Best overall
- 3. Best for race
- 4. Best for trail
- 5. Best cushioning
- 6. Best value shoe
- 7. Do you need neutral shoes?
- 8. Wet test: discover your arch type
- 9. Features of neutral running shoes
- 10. How to recognize neutral running shoes
- 11. Running-shoe market dropdown by stability features
- 12. FAQ about neutral running shoes
- 13. What are the most popular neutral running shoes in 2022?
- 14. What are the cheapest neutral running shoes in 2022?
How we test running shoes
There are thousands of good running shoes out there. But we know how to pick the great ones.
How? We are a team of running shoe fanatics equipped with a shoe testing lab and a set of strict criteria:
- Every shoe gets cut into pieces and is measured on 30+ different parameters, from cushioning softness to upper breathability to shoelace slippage.
- Our testers log 30-50 miles on average to test each pair in a variety of conditions.
- We do not receive shoes for free, all products are purchased with our own money to keep us unbiased.
- Our system aggregates all available expert and user reviews on every single shoe.
Our findings are then summarized in a CoreScore. It is a number from 0 to 100 which helps to compare each shoe against 1700+ other neutral running shoes.
The top picks make it to this list.
Best neutral running shoes overall
Best neutral running shoes for race
Best neutral trail running shoes
Neutral running shoes with best cushioning
What are the most popular neutral running shoes in 2022?
- Brooks Ghost 14
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3 GTX
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3
- Asics Novablast 2
- Nike Downshifter 11
- Adidas Ultraboost 22
- Adidas Supernova+
- Saucony Endorphin Speed 2
- On Cloudmonster
- Adidas Galaxy 5
- Nike ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% 2
- Nike Air Zoom Tempo Next%
- Nike ZoomX Invincible Run
- Asics Gel Venture 8
- Nike Wildhorse 7
What are the cheapest neutral running shoes in 2022?
- Reebok Lite Plus 3 - from £16
- Nike Revolution 6 - from £22
- Adidas Runfalcon 2.0 - from £23
- Adidas Questar Flow NXT - from £24
- Adidas Duramo 10 - from £25
- Adidas Galaxy 5 - from £30
- Reebok Energen Plus - from £30
- Under Armour Charged Rogue 2.5 - from £33
- Adidas Fluidstreet - from £35
- Asics Jolt 3 - from £36
- Adidas Runfalcon 2.0 TR - from £37
- Reebok Energylux 3 - from £38
- Asics Patriot 12 - from £39
- Asics Trail Scout 2 - from £39
- Nike Renew Ride 2 - from £40