10 Best Winter Hiking Boots (Buyer's Guide)
No one wants cold feet while winter hiking. So, if you want to keep your tootsies warm and cozy on your next chilly hiking escapade, check out our list of best winter hiking boots. On top of that, we also included need-to-know facts and tips to help you choose the right one.
How we test and review winter hiking boots
As a pop-up-free and ad-free site, RunRepeat is here to give you the best of the best winter hikers based on reviews from over 60 experts and over 6000 users.
As a bonus, we also took our time to calculate and rate each shoe in terms of their likeability. When we say likeability, we’re actually referring to the summarized opinions of both users and experts rather than what the brands dictate.
Ranking of the 10 best winter hiking boots
Based on 5,341 user ratings 46 expert reviews
Here is a list of all 62 winter hiking boots, where you can sort by “best rated” and apply filters.
Top 5 most popular hiking boots
Popular hiking boots aren't the better rated ones
The best winter hiking boots in every category
- Best Salomon winter hiking boot: Salomon Quest Winter GTX (#77 overall)
- Best Merrell winter hiking boot: Merrell Thermo Chill Mid Shell Waterproof (#428 overall)
- Best waterproof winter hiking boot: Columbia Firecamp Boot (#13 overall)
- Best Keen winter hiking boot: KEEN Terradora Wintershell (#44 overall)
- Best insulated winter hiking boot: Columbia Firecamp Boot (#13 overall)
- Best Columbia winter hiking boot: Columbia Firecamp Boot (#13 overall)
Now, are you ready to buy winter hiking boots?