Adidas Gazelle OG: An old school classic that never ages
The Gazelle, next to Adidas Stan Smith and Adidas Superstar, is considered one of the most iconic silhouettes of Adidas. It was the first footwear to display a suede upper, with innovative cushioning and a streamlined profile turning it into an instant hit among numerous top athletes.
Adding another iteration to the impressive classic line of Adidas, the brand relaunched the Gazelle OG. To suit the modern fashion, Adidas refined it with better details while keeping all the classic elements intact.
Adidas Gazelle OG vs Adidas Gazelle
Countless variations of the Gazelle have been introduced to the public since the 60s. One of the most popular is the Gazelle or sometimes dubbed as the Gazelle 2. Virtually, the Gazelle OG and Gazelle 2 look like a one-to-one version of each other, but scrutinizing closer, several details make them different:
- Price: The Adidas Gazelle OG is offered at a slightly cheaper price as compared with the Gazelle 2.
- Tongue: The OG's tongue is shorter than the 2nd version of Gazelle.
- Weight: Gazelle OG is considered lighter when set side by side to the Gazelle 2.
- Shape: Flaunting a more pointed profile, the toe box of OG is slimmer in comparison with the Gazelle 2.
- Branding: Both sneakers' brandings are in gold tone but differ in orientation. The OG has a horizontal direction while the Gazelle 2 is perpendicular to the 3-Stripe branding.
- Heel: The OG version has a leather heel tab with a simple Trefoil logo. Meanwhile, the Gazelle has an extended leather heel tab on the sides with the Trefoil logo and Adidas name printed on it.