4 Best Triathlon Running Shoes in 2022
From quick-lace capability, comfort, durability, and performance-driven technologies, the best triathlon running shoes need to have it all to meet the high volume of training and the actual racing (and recovery) hours.
As one of the hardest endurance sports anyone can do, triathletes need to have the right gears and support to maximize their athletic potential. Getting them is crucial to gaining an advantage in this sport.
To help you choose the right pair of shoes for your upcoming triathlon race, we’ve handpicked our top choices for review. After thorough testing on the road and at the lab, we then selected our best picks in different categories, from best overall and on-road performance to the best budget-friendly options.
Overview of this guide
How we test running shoes
Our aim is to provide you with recent updates and comprehensive (honest) reviews on the best running shoes for triathlons available out there. We use proven methods to determine which models make the cut for our best selections based on their strengths and road-test performance.
Our entire approach involves the following:
- We use our own funds to purchase all the shoes for this review. This is to keep us free from any bias, brand loyalty, and all that.
- We bring the shoes to our independent testing lab. We cut them open and reduce the shoes to their essential parts. We then measure 30+ parameters, from cushioning, durability, breathability, and many others.
- We test each model in high-mileage training and racing conditions to see its actual road performance and figure out its strengths and weaknesses.
- To get further in our research, we also check and gather opinions from shoe experts and regular athletes who dabble in triathlons.
To conclude our review, we input all comparable data into our CoreScore system to give us the final ratings that range from 0 to 100. The top-rated pairs of triathlon running shoes are included in this list.
Best triathlon running shoes overall
Best road triathlon running shoes
Best value triathlon running shoes
What are the most popular triathlon running shoes in 2022?
- Asics Noosa Tri 13
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 12
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 9
- Skechers GOrun Speed Freek
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11
- On Cloudflow 2.0
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 10
- Asics Noosa FF
- Asics Gel 451
What are the cheapest triathlon running shoes in 2022?
- Asics Noosa FF - from £60
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 12 - from £71
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 11 - from £104
- Asics Gel 451 - from £108
- Asics Noosa Tri 13 - from £109
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 9 - from £150
- On Cloudflow 2.0 - from £150
- Skechers GOrun Speed Freek - from £210
- Asics Gel Noosa Tri 10 - from £150