5 Best Retro Basketball Shoes in 2022
Get your own unique on-court style with retro basketball shoes. We’ve rounded up the best iconic sneakers out there that deliver the best of both worlds – putting a modern twist on an old-school signature shoe, which translates to the same solid on-court performance even by today’s standards.
From mid-tops to low-tops, you can find the right fit depending on your preferences and specific needs. From customizable style to shoes with removable criss-cross straps, there’s a classic shoe for you with a sportswear vibe.
If you love hooping in classic sneakers but have some difficulty deciding which ones to lace up, then we can help you with that. From Puma Clyde All-Pro and Nike Kobe 6 Protro to Adidas Pro Model and Rose 1 Retro, check out our top picks of retro basketball shoes below.
How we test basketball shoes
To make the selections, all the retro models on this list are painstakingly tested and analyzed by our wear-testers, shoe lab specialists, and editors. We put in the hours to check and examine all the essential parameters of each shoe. We test the shoes on their on-court performance and in other sports activities.
This is our approach:
- We buy all the classic basketball sneakers with our own money.
- We cut them into pieces and measure 30+ parameters inside the RunRepeat shoe testing lab. We closely analyze each model’s cushioning system, upper durability, support, and outsole grip, among others.
- We have a team of players who determines the real-world performance of each pair of shoes by playing numerous basketball games.
- We collect more useful information from other trusted experts and regular fans of retro-style shoes.
For the final rankings, we go to the CoreScore system and calculate all the collated data. An overall rating is then given on each retro model ranging from 0 to 100.
Best retro basketball shoes overall
Best Nike retro basketball shoes
Best Adidas retro basketball shoes
Best low top retro basketball shoes
What are the most popular retro basketball shoes in 2022?
- Nike Air More Uptempo
- Puma Clyde All-Pro
- Air Jordan 1 Retro High
- Nike Kobe 6 Protro
- Adidas Pro Model 2G
- Air Jordan 1 Retro Low
- Adidas Pro Model 2G Low
- Puma Ralph Sampson Mid
- Air Jordan 13 Retro Low
- Adidas T-Mac 2.0 Restomod
- Air Jordan 14 Retro Low
- Air Jordan 2 Retro Decon
- Nike Lebron 3 Retro
- Adidas Adizero Rose 1 Retro
What are the cheapest retro basketball shoes in 2022?
- Puma Clyde All-Pro - from £20
- Adidas Pro Model 2G - from £42
- Puma Ralph Sampson Mid - from £42
- Adidas T-Mac 2.0 Restomod - from £70
- Nike Air More Uptempo - from £80
- Adidas Adizero Rose 1 Retro - from £87
- Adidas Pro Model 2G Low - from £100
- Air Jordan 2 Retro Decon - from £100
- Nike Lebron 3 Retro - from £157
- Air Jordan 1 Retro Low - from £160
- Air Jordan 1 Retro High - from £171
- Air Jordan 13 Retro Low - from £180
- Air Jordan 14 Retro Low - from £239
- Nike Kobe 6 Protro - from £243