Who should buy the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP
You will love the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP if:
- You want an appealing summer look neutral shoe to use for all-day wear, walking, or jogging
- You want a lightweight, supportive shoe that can fit custom orthotics
Updates to the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP
- The ASICS Gel Excite 6 releases a special pack (SP) edition, which primarily signifies a one-of-a-kind appearance that is not usually available as part of their running shoe lineup.
- For the Gel Excite 6, the special edition comes in the form of a unique colorway for both the men’s and women’s versions.
- While the shoe’s image may look different than the original version, all of its features and technologies are also present in the Gel Excite 6 SP.
- One notable contrast between the two shoes is the heel-to-toe drop. The Gel Excite 6 SP has a slightly lower drop, albeit the difference is unnoticeable during the run.
Size and fit
As the majority of ASICS running shoes go, the Gel Excite 6 SP has a true-to-size fit as it follows the standard running shoe; wearers can expect to get an accurate fit in their usual sizing preferences. The ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP is offered in Medium width for both the men’s and women’s versions.
AHAR+ technology in the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP outsole
AHAR+ is the outsole of the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP. As a variant of the ASICS High Abrasion Rubber (AHAR), the AHAR+ is twice as durable as the former, while also being lighter and more flexible. The AHAR+ provides the shoe with toughness and traction and it also absorbs impact to prevent fatigue. One of ASICS’ most popular running shoes, the GT 2000 7, also utilizes the AHAR+ outsole.
Get efficient propulsion with the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP midsole
The AmpliFoam midsole is a low-density cushioning material that augments the durable quality of the Gel Excite 6 SP. As a foam, it is flexible and easily adaptable, making the shoe suitable for daily running. The AmpliFoam also has a resilient property that allows for efficient propulsion and natural foot mobility.
Beneath the midsole foam is the Gel cushioning system, which is known for its shock-absorbing capability. Two units of Gel cushioning is placed in the heel area of the shoe, intending to absorb impact and disperse it evenly at the point of impact. This process results in a responsive ride and a more efficient gait cycle.
A piece of Ortholite sock liner also takes part in the midsole structure of the Gel Excite 6 SP. Aside from the added layer of cushioning, this insole carries antimicrobial properties that keep the foot dry and free from odor and moisture.
Secured foot all throughout with the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP upper
The jacquard mesh upper of the ASICS Gel Excite 6 SP offers a breathable coverage that ensures the foot stays dry without compromising the airflow. The mesh is specially engineered to have a stretchable characteristic that enables a contoured and comfortable fit.
An internal heel counter provides rearfoot support and keeps the heel locked in place. It also serves as a protective element against accidental slip-offs.