Good to know
- The Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 is designed to tackle a variety of fitness activities. It is a workout trainer that caters to women who like to combine fashion and functionality in their workout gear.
- This iteration banks on the success of its predecessor and uses the proprietary Boost midsole. This engineered foam is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) pellets that have been heated to create an ultra-responsive platform that keeps the foot comfortable and ready to move.
- Like the previous version, it still features that floating arch. However, it has been strengthened using the Stabilizing Torsion System. This component assists in the smooth forward roll of the foot.
- The underside is lined with rubber though the tread pattern has been dramatically changed. The sipings and the pivot point are gone and replaced with zoned tread patterns that facilitate traction in multiple directions.
- Another aspect that has been altered is the material used in the upper. Instead of mesh, the Pureboost X TR 3.0 uses knit. This fabric is breathable and also accommodates the expansion of the foot during workout sessions.
The underside of the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 is lined with rubber. This compound protects the midsole against abrasion associated with training indoors or outdoors. It forms a cup-like mold that wraps the midsole and extends upwards at the forefoot to provide lateral support.
The outsole features zoned tread patterns which are a combination of chevron and horizontal lines. It promotes traction in different directions, which is useful during lateral cuts and dynamic movements.
The trainer was named after the technology used in the midsole. Boost is made of EVA foam pellets that have been subjected to heat to form its styrofoam-like appearance. This proprietary cushioning technology is described as having better shock-absorbing properties than the traditional EVA foam. It is said to have a high-energy return which gives it its bouncy characteristic.
The floating arch is engineered to hug the foot for support. It facilitates natural foot movements but uses the Stabilizing Torsion System to avoid improper flexing. This structure bridges the forefoot to the heel and reinforces the arch for a smooth heel-to-toe transition.
Inside is an EVA sockliner. This layer enhances the shock attenuation of the midsole to keep the foot comfortable.
The upper of the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 sports a cleatie construction and offers a sock-like fit. It is made of knit, a lightweight material that expands with the foot as needed. It is also breathable which helps in keeping the inside cool during high-intensity workouts.
The footgear has a lace-up system that functions more as a fit-adjustment mechanism than for closing the opening of the shoe. The asymmetrical configuration of the eyelets aims to deliver a customized fit when the laces are cinched. Support bands are found in the first and last eyelets; they integrate with the laces and become taut when the laces are tightened, thereby amplifying lateral support.
The toe section is reinforced with a synthetic overlay. It prevents the knit material from fraying because of abrasion associated with working out.
An external heel counter is placed at the rearfoot. This component holds the back of the foot steady during explosive moves.
Fashion mogul Stella McCartney has been adding a feminine flair to some of Adidas’ women’s footwear, clothing, and accessories since 2005. For the Adidas Pureboost X TR 3.0 by Stella McCartney, the footgear used the same sole technologies as the original, but there are noticeable differences between the shoes. The Stella McCartney collaboration comes in five color variants: Core Black/Smoked Pink/Noble Maroon, Turbo/Core Red/Chalk White, Core White/Stone/Core Black, Cardboard/Noble Maroon/Core Black, and the Stone/Granite/Mist Sun combination. This iteration features a new upper material. It has been changed from knitted to mesh and now lacks the sock-like collar. The midfoot now has overlays at the lateral and medial sides of the midfoot which integrates with the webbed eyelets, which are also new in this model. The addition of overlays on the sides enhances support when the laces are cinched. In some color variants, the sole unit was also refreshed as it shows an extra layer of colored rubber between the outsole and the midsole.