Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
90 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
Timberland has done it once again with a great boot design that marries function and form perfectly.
- With an upper that combines genuine leather and Cordura nylon fabric, the Timberland Euro Hiker melds quality comfort and classy design harmoniously. Its stitched-on construction gives the boot a layer of protection as well.
- Stability, underfoot cushioning, and protection against ground hazards come by means of the Euro Hiker’s ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole. It has a considerable amount of chunkiness, especially at the heel, to effectively support the wearer’s weight and absorb shock.
- The boot’s rubber outsole grants surface traction. It features a combination of carefully engineered tread patterns and low-profile lugs.
The Timberland Euro Hiker is day hiking footgear is built for men. The boot’s closure system provides custom lockdown and allows for a separate configuration for the upper half, thanks to the slightly offset placement of the D-rings located above the instep.
For a secure foothold on precarious terrain, Timberland engineers gave the Euro Hiker a sturdy, rubber outsole unit. Lining its borders are treads designed to have edges and angles that latch onto various surfaces no matter the weather condition. The central zones of the outsole’s heel and forefoot are speckled with low-profile lugs. These lugs take a circular shape which allows them to provide terrain traction and prevent hydroplaning at the same time. The space between these lugs and the treads outlining the sole work together to systematically channel out water and shed away mud and other sticky elements.
Besides its main role of giving wearers adequate traction, this outsole also serves as a protective tip with its extension covering the front end of the boot. This rubber tip conveniently caps off the lower forefoot zone, thereby adding a layer of toe protection.
The Timberland men’s Euro Hiker renders cushioning with a strong, resilient foundation in the form of an EVA midsole. Short for ethylene-vinyl acetate, EVA—as a primary midsole material and by its main characteristics—grants the boot a stable platform that strikes a balance between comfort and durability. This kind of midsole also absorbs shock and has an amount of flexibility for natural foot rolls.
Confined within the midsole unit is a component called shank. This particular shank is made of steel, crafted and included specifically to reinforce the arch section of the midsole, thus providing wearers a supportive arch zone.
Helping the springy midsole give users a comfortable experience underfoot is the boot’s cushioned footbed. This removable insole has a fabric surface which adds to the premium feel and overall comfort of the footwear.
With an upper made with a combination of Cordura nylon fabric and quality, full-grain leather, the Timberland Euro Hiker (wheat and black) encapsulates comfort and rugged toughness. Both the nylon fabric manufactured by Cordura and the stitched-on full-grain leather are abrasion resistant, making the boot stand tall against wear and tear.
Further strengthening the Euro Hiker’s defenses against abrasive hazards is the rubber rand walling the entire base portion of the upper. This design also enhances the boot’s overall durability. The supportive ankle collar is mildly contoured and features a deep heel notch for a freer, all-around mobility. Additionally, its tongue and cuff are padded to promote comfort on and off the trails.
Securing the closure system of the boot are round laces which are made up of interwoven synthetic cords. They go through a series of D-rings at the bottom and a set of open hooks at the top. These rustproof metallic lace holes are buffed and smoothed out for a fluid lace-up experience.
- Outdoor apparel and footwear brand Timberland offers a leather-less Euro Hiker. Its upper is purely made of Cordura nylon fabric; hence its name the Euro Hiker Cordura Fabric boots. This specific kind of textile is twice as durable as standard nylon. It is resistant to punctures, scuffs, and tears.
- The Classic Leather Euro Hiker boot is the premium, full-grain leather version of this footgear. Since its outer coverage is devoid of any sort of fabric, this variant has a more classic and rugged look to it. Its laces are also made from 100% recycled plastic bottles.
- For those looking for a lightweight Euro Hiker, try the one with the upper made of 100% polyester jacquard, the Jacquard Euro Hiker boots. It employs an Ortholite insole which facilitates transport of moisture, and its antimicrobial property helps maintain a fresh in-shoe feel. With its open-cell PU foam construction, breathability is optimized. This variant is designed with the Sensorflex Comfort System, a brand-owned technology. It includes a triple-layer suspension system which allows the boot to flex with the foot for a more comfortable ride.
- Those needing water protection may opt for the Waterproof Leather Euro Hiker. It combines two-toned leather and suede for a more stylish look while keeping the foot safe against wet elements.
- Over the years, Timberland has been committed to saving the environment, and this kind of noble advocacy is evident in the Euro Hiker for being equipped with a grippy outsole that is made of 34% recycled rubber.