For multi-day trips with a heavy pack. Manufacturers emphasize durability and support in the creation of backpacking boots. See backpacking boots
Designed for users who want to cover a greater distance by going fast, usually with a light pack. See speed hiking shoes.
Boots that grant insulation to the user during hikes. See winter hiking boots.
Mainly sandals. Aside from hiking they can be used for other purposes such as water activities. See multi-sport hiking sandals.
Good to know
Casual hikers can choose day hiking footwear or multi-sport sandals. More info here.
Shoes with a cuff that goes below the ankle. See low-cut hiking shoes.
Good to know
Generally, for trails that are easy to tackle, go with low-cut shoes. Go mid to high if there are more trail obstacles.
WidthWomen: Normal, Wide
Experts are hikers, who post reviews at youtube, directly at RunRepeat or at their own websites. Each expert is categorized from level 1 to level 5 based on expertise. See stats on expert reviews and how we calculate scores here.
Are you an expert? Apply to contribute here.
80 / 100 based on 1 expert reviews
This hiker is engineered for the way women move, offering support, alignment, and gender-specific stability.
Updates to Merrell Siren Sport Q2
- The Merrell Siren Sport Q2 is feature rich in spite of its low-cut build and simplistic design. The lightness this shoe possesses comes from its mesh upper which is also reinforced with a nubuck leather overlay for added support and protection. For foot odor and stink prevention, the designers infused this shoe, especially the interior liner and footbed, with M. Select Fresh—an in-house Merrell technology.
- Yet another Merrell-owned tech is found in its cushy midsole called QForm 2. This specialized midsole unit has multi-density zones that help hikers realign their balance during transitions.
- Giving wearers a secure terrain foothold is the shoe’s M. Select Grip outsole. It doubles down on traction with its textured, multi-directional lugs and aggressive treads.
Merrell Siren Sport Q2 size and fit
Merrell’s Siren Sport Q2 is a below-the-ankle hiking footgear specially crafted for female hikers. It comes in standard and wide widths. It also runs fairly true to size. Purchasers may choose from a range of whole and half sizes. A secure lockdown and personalized fit may be achieved with the shoe’s classic lace-up system. Additional comfort fit is brought forth by the padded ankle collar and bellows tongue.
In response to the high demands of hikers when it comes to surface traction, Merrell engineers gave the Siren Sport Q2 the M. Select Grip outersole. This durable layer has 3.5 mm, diamond-shaped lugs that are strategically placed across its surface to provide ample grip on terrains mostly characterized by loose rocks and wet elements. These lugs are also adequately spaced apart to shed debris and disperse water effectively.
Aside from being the shoe’s only source of traction, this outsole also functions as a protective bumper with its extension covering the tip of the forefoot zone.
With its springy yet tough QForm 2 midsole, the Merrell Siren Sport Q2 offers ground cushioning and stability at the same time. It’s a rubber layer specifically designed for the female foot. Its dual-density construction provides zonal comfort, while the heel-centering technology that it is imbued with further stabilizes the user’s footing whether stationary or on the move. The midsole’s heel is extra chunky to make way for Merrell’s patented Air Cushion technology—a recess that gives extra comfort and improves shock absorption.
Supplemental to the Siren Sport Q2’s level of comfort is the M. Select Fit.Tri footbed. This removable insert is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (in short, EVA) which makes it stress resistant yet flexible. The engineers gave it special contours to grant wearers tri-arch support.
The Merrell Siren Sport Q2 is irrefutably lightweight due primarily to its mesh upper. A nubuck leather overlay strengthens this breathable upper and provides ample abrasion protection. Merrell engineers also built this shoe with a bellows tongue. This type of tongue has a persistent construction which bridges its sides to the upper, leaving no space for debris and other foreign elements in which to enter. In addition, this low-cut hiker comes with a pair of pull tabs for easy on and off.
The Siren Sport Q2’s standard lacing system consists of standard eyelets and metallic lace loops. It also sports a pair of fabric lace loops placed just above the shoe’s instep to give users precise ankle fit when enough lace pressure is applied in this zone.
A protective rand is placed at the front end of the shoe. This sturdy covering reinforces the forefoot zone to give wearers a level of protection against bumps and abrasive elements.
- The Siren Sport Q2 is also offered in mid-cut and waterproof versions.
- A lightly soiled Siren Sport Q2 may be cleaned using a soft-bristled brush. If it is considerably dirty due to rugged use, wash it with mild soap in warm water. Let it dry at room temperature. Drying with a heat source is discouraged by Merrell.