Who should buy Merrell All Out Blaze 2
The Merrell All Out Blaze 2 is a mid-range option for day hikers. It is ideal for the following:
- Users who prioritize breathability
- Trail-goers who prefer a lightweight option
- Hikers who need to freely move their ankles with a low-cut shoe
Updates to the Merrell All Out Blaze 2
- Merrell has updated the All Out Blaze 2 with technologies that are light and can handle diverse trails. The boot features the Vibram TC5+ outsole which yields traction on wet and dry grounds.
- The midsole grants a cushy and comfy ride through its combination of FIT.ECO blended EVA footbed and compression-molded EVA midsole. The Air Cushion Viz and molded nylon shank render stability.
- The materials used in the upper creates a flexible, breathable, and durable day hiking shoe. It has a lace-up closure and a die-cut toe cap that protects the toes. An odor-control technology is added to keep feet dry and fresh
The slip-resistant Vibram TC5+ gives underfoot protection and grip. It has a 4.5 mm lug depth which bites on most terrain.
The tread patterns create a channel to drive water out, preventing slips.
Merrell All Out Blaze 2's stabilizing features in the midsole
The All Out Blaze 2 combines a compression-molded EVA midsole and FIT.ECO blended EVA footbed for comfort and cushioning.
The latter also helps in controlling odor. The Air Cushion Viz feature adds an EVA material on the heel for steadiness and shock absorption. A molded nylon shank enhances stability and renders arch support.
Robust yet flexible upper materials
With a full-grain leather and mesh combination, the All Out Blaze 2 from Merrell upper is made durable yet flexible.
It is reinforced with a protective die-cut toe cap which acts as a buffer against bumps and a bellows tongue that keeps rubble out. Its traditional lacing system comprises three types of eyelets.
It is lined with a breathable mesh with M.Select FRESH to prevent the growth of odor-causing microorganisms. A pull tab is added to the heel to assist in on and off.