Who should buy the KEEN Targhee III Waterproof
The Targhee III Waterproof is an iconic low-cut day hiker from KEEN. Consider getting them if you want:
a lightweight and comfortable shoe that can be used both for light hiking as well as everyday activities
supportive footwear providing ample traction and bite in muddy and rocky environments
a breathable waterproof shoe that will ensure a comfortable and dry hiking experience
KEEN's premium traction
The All Terrain rubber outsole from KEEN has 4 mm multi-directional lugs. It enables the shoe to grip most types of terrain by preventing muck from building up. Steadiness on ascents and descents is handled by the increased surface contact in the heel and toe areas.
Additionally, the KEEN.Protect acts as a toe bumper, shielding against accidental knocks.
Underfoot support and cushioning
To provide lightweight cushioning, the KEEN Targhee III Waterproof features a dual-density compression-molded EVA midsole.
It has an internal shank that renders underfoot rigidity and support while the ESS shank promotes stability.
A Metatomical Footbed is placed atop the midsole that provides arch support.
Breathable waterproof upper in KEEN Targhee III Waterproof
With premium leather equipped with the proprietary KEEN.Dry membrane, the Targhee III Waterproof protects and prevents the foot from getting wet. The inside of the shoe is lined with a breathable mesh too.
Also, to keep odor at bay, it is equipped with Cleansport NXT antimicrobial technology.
Added protection and durability
This weatherproof hiking shoe has leather overlays that act as a mudguard and add durability. A pull tab is attached on the heel to facilitate on and off.
- KEEN offers replacement insoles and laces should the need arise
- Remove loose dirt using a soft-bristled brush or hand towel. To take off stains, gently rub them with a gum eraser in a circular motion and brush them afterward
- For stubborn stains, mix a small amount of water and vinegar in a damp cloth and apply it to the affected area. Clean the footbed manually using a soft cloth and mild detergent.
- Air dry them. Never machine wash
- For leather care, use a nubuck leather cleaner