7 Best Mid Top Basketball Shoes in 2022
Mid top shoes are a great option for all-around players. Lighter than a high top, yet slightly heavier than a low top, the mid top or mid cut basketball shoes offer more versatility, allowing you to stay agile and locked in securely.
If you want the best of the best worlds, look no further than the mid top basketball sneakers. In fact, we’ve rounded up the best mid cut style models out there across different brands. We’ve been testing the latest releases from Nike, Adidas, New Balance, and Air Jordans, among others.
Each brand offers its own highly-rated signature shoes from past and present NBA Legends, as well as non-signature options. Head on below to check them all out.
How we test basketball shoes
To make the recommendations, each model on the list is put through a rigorous testing process. Aside from our standard wear tests and on-court assessments, we bring all the shoes to the RunRepeat shoe testing lab for a battery of mechanical tests. Here’s exactly our approach:
- We buy all the mid top basketball shoes using our own funds. This ensures that all our in-depth reviews are devoid of any taint of bias or brand loyalty.
- Inside the RunRepeat lab, our shoe specialist cuts the shoes into pieces. This allows us to examine each essential part and measure 30+ parameters such as the ankle support, bounce, flexibility, grip, and many others.
- Our wear-testers put in many hours of playing time to determine the level of performance, comfort, and durability of each model.
- We gather more useful data from other trusted basketball shoe experts and regular hoop players who use mid-cut shoes.
For the overall ratings, we use the proprietary CoreScore system that calculates all the collated data above. A final score ranging from 0 – to 100 is given on each model. We then highlighted the top-rated shoes in different categories.
Best mid top basketball shoes overall
Best Nike mid top basketball shoes
Best Jordan mid top basketball shoes
Best Adidas mid top basketball shoes
Best mid top outdoor basketball shoes
Best value mid top basketball shoes
What are the most popular mid top basketball shoes in 2022?
- Adidas Dame 8
- Air Jordan XXXVI
- Nike Renew Elevate 2
- Nike Air Zoom G.T. Run
- Jordan React Elevation
- Nike Lebron Witness 6
- Adidas D Rose Son Of Chi
- Nike Kybrid S2
- Nike Kyrie Flytrap 5
- Puma MB.01
- Nike Air Max Impact 2
- Under Armour Lockdown 5
- Air Jordan XXXV
- Adidas N3xt L3v3l Futurenatural
- Adidas D Rose 11
What are the cheapest mid top basketball shoes in 2022?
- Adidas Dame 8 - from $43
- Adidas Pro Boost Mid - from $45
- Nike Renew Elevate 2 - from $50
- Reebok Solution Mid - from $58
- Under Armour Embiid One - from $65
- Under Armour Lockdown 5 - from $68
- Adidas D Rose Son Of Chi - from $70
- Nike Air Max Impact 2 - from $72
- Adidas D Rose 11 - from $73
- Adidas N3xt L3v3l Futurenatural - from $80
- Under Armour Curry 3Z5 - from $80
- Nike Kyrie Flytrap 5 - from $90
- Nike Zoom Heritage N7 - from $93
- Nike Lebron Witness 6 - from $100
- Jordan Why Not? Zer0.5 - from $105