|Base model:||Lowa Renegade GTX Lo|
|Weight:||Men: 553g | Women: 438g|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal, Wide | Narrow, Normal, Wide|
|Material:||Leather, Rubber sole, Vibram sole|
|Colorways:||Black, Brown, Grey|
|SKUs:||3109454285, 3109454554, 3109459449, 3109459784, 3109459999, 3209454251, 3209459999|
Reviews from around the internet
- 92/100 by Switchback Travel
- 100/100 by Do Cartwheels With Me
- 100/100 by REI
- 100/100 by HuntingLife.com
- 100/100 by Adventures of Kate
- 100/100 by Bushcraft Dave
- 100/100 by Riverrock Outdoors
- 100/100 by Tailfeather Communications
- 100/100 by GetOutThereGear
- 100/100 by LOWA AUS & NZ
- 100/100 by DIY Pinto
- 100/100 by OutDoors Unlimited Media and Magazine
- 100/100 by Mpora
- 97/100 by Adventures Found
- 95/100 by All Outdoor
- 90/100 by SOutdoors
- 90/100 by Conversant Traveller
- 90/100 by Overhere
- 90/100 by T3
- 90/100 by Next Adventure
- 80/100 by Best Hike Guide
- 80/100 by Spotter Up
- 72/100 by OutdoorGearLab
Video reviews and unboxing
- The Lowa Renegade GTX Mid is a mid-cut boot is designed with an emphasis on comfort and support for adventurous backpackers. A Gore-Tex membrane is embedded within its sturdy nubuck leather upper for water protection and breathability.
- These Lowa Renegade GTX Mid hiking boots are equipped with the brand’s patented Monowrap Support Frame that grants lightweight lateral stability. This technology also features a Double Injection DuraPU midsole for cushioning and support.
- The boot uses a Vibram Evo outsole which renders traction on virtually all types of terrain. It’s composed of a durable rubber compound to help the outsole withstand various ground conditions.
The Lowa Renegade GTX Mid is a fairly true-to-size mid-cut boot for male and female backpackers. Its sizing options come in whole and half sizes. The boot is available in three width options: narrow, medium, and wide. Getting a personalized and secure fit is made possible through the gear’s lace-up closure system. The footwear’s Derby cut vamp design provides an adjustable fit for a broad range of foot volumes.
Lowa’s Renegade GTX Mid uses a Vibram Evo outsole to deliver sure-footed traction on challenging terrain and slippery surfaces. It’s made of a soft rubber compound that enhances cushioning and comfort on each stride. The outsole’s aggressive lug pattern is engineered to be slip-resistant on different kinds of ground conditions. It also features grooves in its heel and forefoot zones for better ascent and descent control. In addition, the outsole’s heel is slightly raised for braking purposes in downhill conditions.
This mid-cut backpacking boot features a DuraPU midsole for cushioning and bounce. Its double-injected polyurethane construction allows it to be resilient against wear and tear without sacrificing comfort. The footgear’s Monowrap frame improves lateral stability without adding extra weight.
Underfoot comfort and arch support are supplied by the Lowa Renegade GTX Mid’s ATC footbed. This component has a trimmed design so it can easily be inserted into the footgear. Moreover, the boot also incorporates a Hard Stabilizer that provides support when carrying a pack during intense outdoor activities.
The Lowa Renegade GTX Mid nubuck leather upper is built to resist abrasions, scuffs, and the elements. A Gore-Tex membrane lines the upper to prevent water from seeping into the footwear. The same technology also allows moisture to pass through, making the boot breathable.
A fairly straightforward lace-up closure system completes the Renegade GTX Mid’s upper. It consists of open and closed hooks which hold the laces together. A locking ankle hook is also added to the upper for a more secure lockdown of the user’s foot. The gear’s padded tongue and collar promote comfort. The gusseted tongue prevents debris from entering the boot while a pull loop at the back grants allows easy on and off.
The brand recommends the following instructions to preserve the quality of Lowa hiking boots.
- Remove the insole and clean it thoroughly. Hang it in a spot far from a direct source of heat to air and dry. This should be done to eliminate moisture collected from under the insole.
- The laces should be removed so that the hard-to-reach corners, such as those found near the tongue, can be cleaned effectively.
- Brushing the boot will help clear traces of dirt and debris on it. This act helps maintain the breathability of the footwear.
- Drench the gear under warm water and apply a lukewarm soap solution on it. Brush vigorously to get rid of any remaining dirt on it.
- The soap solution helps open the nubuck leather’s pores up. When this happens, it will absorb water that comes in contact with. It’s vital to apply a coating of waterproofing agent while the Lowa boot is still slightly damp.
- After the cleaning process, the footgear should be left in a spot with good ventilation to dry. Do not place it near a direct source of heat such as the sun’s rays or a dryer. Doing so would damage the boot itself.
- Keeping the leather soft and presentable is a must. After the boot has been cleaned and dried, a water-based cream should be applied to the upper. This is needed so the leather won’t crack or become brittle. Use a clean piece of cloth or sponge to apply this solution onto the leather. Wipe away any excess amount of cream afterward.
-This mid-cut backpacking boot was inducted into the Editor’s Choice 25th Anniversary Hall of Fame by Backpacker Magazine in 2018.
-The Lowa Renegade GTX Mid has been garnering several awards since its introduction in 1997. Its accolades include OutdoorGearLab’s Editor’s Choice Award for best women’s hiking boot in 2012 and 2014.
-Lowa celebrated the 20th year anniversary of this boot by introducing the Renegade GTX Mid 20.