Reviews from around the internet
The Adidas Busenitz Vulc is exclusively available in men’s sizes. Adidas designed this shoe to be a tad slimmer, which is preferred by skaters for the flip trick. Thus many buyers suggest grabbing a full size up especially for wearers with wide feet. It has a lace-up closure with custom recessed eyelets to avoid tearing of the shoelace. Meanwhile, the Geofit collar and tongue provide support, comfort and an anatomical fit to its wearers.
With the very notable tongue of the low-top Adidas Busenitz Vulc, many users found various ways on how to style this shoe. Some like the tongue tucked out and tied the lace behind it while some would cut the tongue along the provided line and wear it as it is. This shoe is made of suede upper that offers a luxurious feel and a Geofit collar for that comfortable fit suitable for an all-day wearing. Most users like sporting this pair with baggy pants, skinnies, activewear and even shorts. Casually elegant with comfy sense is what the Adidas Busenitz Vulc all about.
Aside from the striking Geofit collar that enhances the comfort and secure fit, another noteworthy feature is the presence of a customizable tongue. The tongue is longer compared to the usual skate shoes in the market. Adidas provided a line which serves a guide whenever the buyer opts to cut it and make it “Busenitz Light”.
The Skateboarding Footwear line of the Adidas was launched in 1990 in partnership with various skateboarders. In the middle of 2000s, the Three Stripes re-launched it as the Adidas Skateboarding with solid team members, which include elite skaters like Mark Gonzalez, Tim O’Connor, Lucas Puig, Mark Suciu and Dennis Busenitz. The Adidas Skateboarding line draws inspiration from the impressive archive of the Adidas and re-creates it to fit as a skateboarding footwear.
Meanwhile, Dennis Busenitz, a German professional skateboarder, was able to establish his reputation in the world of skateboarders. Adidas commissioned him to be part of their SB line. He immersed himself in the designing and conceptualizing his signature kick with the Adidas. He incorporated some elements of the Copa Mundial, which is his favorite soccer cleat, and turned it into a street-savvy pair.
Dennis Busenitz hasn’t slowed down since he started releasing his signature kick a decade ago. His first signature shoe was made of a cupsole for the reason that he wanted to be different from the usual vulcanized skateboarding shoe. But in 2013, Busenitz and Adidas decided to release a vulcanized version. Aside from the altered outsole, the Adidas Busenitz Vulc is technically advanced compared to the original version.
- The AdiTUFF is a rubber underlay located at the vamp to improve the durability and abrasion resistance of the Adidas Adiease Premiere, thus lengthening the lifespan of the shoe.
- The eyelets were recessed to save the laces from ripping.
- It has a removable molded sockliner for comfortable fit, support, and protection from the impact.
- To add more comfort, Adidas added a soft inner lining.
- It has the Nano Heel Cushioning that absorbs shock for a more comfortable ride.
- The outsole has Vector traction and grippy tread that increases the board feel.
- The Three Stripes added some gold details, like Adidas labels on the tongue and “Busenitz” emblem along the 3-Stripe on the side.