|Weight:||Men: 281g | Women: 238g|
|Heel to toe drop:||Men: 8mm | Women: 8mm|
|Fit:||Medium forefoot, Medium toe box, Wide heel|
|Arch type:||High arch|
|Use:||All-day wear | Jogging|
|Material:||Knit upper, Rubber sole|
|Features:||Breathable | Cushioned | Comfortable|
|Strike Pattern:||Midfoot strike|
|Distance:||Daily running | Long distance | Marathon|
|Heel height:||Men: 29mm | Women: 29mm|
|Forefoot height:||Men: 21mm | Women: 21mm|
|Release date:||Dec 2019|
|Width:||Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide | Narrow, Normal, Wide, X-Wide|
Reviews from around the internet
- 80/100 by RunRepeat (4 in-depth reviews)
- 98/100 by Road Trail Run
- 97/100 by Road Trail Run
- 91/100 by Road Trail Run
- 88/100 by Believe in the Run
- 88/100 by Runner's World
- 89/100 by Fleet Feet
- 89/100 by Running Northwest
- 86/100 by Sportitude
- 80/100 by Running Shoes Guru
- 80/100 by kofuzi
- 95/100 by Running Warehouse
- 92/100 by Steph Pi Runs
- 90/100 by For Kicks Sake
Video reviews and unboxing
- The 10th edition of the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 features an all-new design with premium comfort and responsiveness. This updated road running shoe aims to deliver a softer and bouncier ride.
- The addition of the Fresh Foam X midsole foam enhances the shoe’s cushioning quality. This midsole material offers a more energetic rebound, allowing the platform to provide a springier ride compared to its previous versions.
- Infused into the midsole are the laser engravings that remove added weight. This technology makes the shoe more lightweight and flexible.
- Providing great comfort and lockdown is the new stretchy engineered Hypoknit upper. The new upper material offers a soft and supportive fit.
The 10th version of the New Balance 1080 is available in standard shoe sizes, so those who desire to get a pair can use their usual sizing expectations. However, users are advised to try on the shoe first before purchasing to ensure the right fit. Consumers may also check the general feedback about sizing.
The technical components that affect the fit of the shoe include the Ortholite insole and Hypoknit upper, which aim to provide a comfortable in-shoe feel. Other elements are the padded tongue and traditional lacing system that offer a customized fit and added comfort.
This New Balance running shoe is also available in different colors and sizes for both men and women versions.
The outsole section of the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v10 is composed of a blown rubber material. This component is tasked to enhance the shoe’s cushioning and responsiveness. It also offers excellent traction on various surfaces and reliable protection against abrasive elements.
The flex grooves incorporated into the shoe allow for more flexibility in the forefoot area. The grooves also improve the outsole’s gripping performance.
The New Balance 1080 v10 utilizes the Fresh Foam X midsole for plush comfort. This new cushioning technology is engineered to deliver a more energetic rebound than its predecessor. This material is also responsible for providing a soft and responsive ride.
Enhancing this lightweight running shoe’s flexibility are the laser engravings integrated into the lateral landing zone. The carvings on the midsole are designed to lessen the shoe’s overall weight, allowing for a more efficient running experience. This technology also helps soften the landing.
The shoe also utilizes an Ortholite sockliner for added comfort. The sockliner also delivers significant moisture control to combat sweat. Other popular running shoes that use an Ortholite sockliner are the Brooks Transcend 6 and Asics Gel Contend 5.
The New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v10 features a bootie construction for a soft and irritant-free wrap.
Engineered Hypoknit technology is utilized in the upper unit for cutting-edge comfort. Hypoknit technology ensures a more dynamic fit and provides optimum support for the foot.
The ultra heel integrated into the shoe offers a supportive fit. This component holds the heel comfortably in place to prevent the foot from sliding up and down while running.
The shoe’s gusseted tongue and lacing system provide midfoot lockdown. These elements give a snugger fit and prevent the foot from quivering during the run.
The New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v9, the predecessor of the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 v10, is also a highly cushioned everyday running shoe. It features a similarly blown rubber outsole designed to boost the shoe’s cushioning.
The main difference between these running shoes is the materials and technologies used in their outsole, midsole, and upper units.
- Blown rubber outsoles are integrated into the Fresh Foam 1080 v9 and Fresh Foam 1080 v10 for improved cushioning and responsiveness. The latest version, the Fresh Foam 1080 v10, uses an updated groove pattern that allows for greater flexibility and grip compared to its previous version.
- The Fresh Foam 1080 v9 utilizes the Fresh Foam midsole cushioning, while the Fresh Foam 1080 v10 uses the Fresh Foam X technology. The Fresh Foam X is the New Balance’s latest foam midsole technology, making the Fresh Foam 1080 v10 softer and springier than its predecessor.
- Additionally, the improved laser engravings on the Fresh Foam 1080 v10’s midsole made it lighter and more flexible than the Fresh Foam 1080 v9.
- The Fresh Foam 1080 v9 features an engineered mesh for improved breathability, while the Fresh Foam 1080 v10 uses the engineered Hypoknit technology for optimal support and dynamic fit. The Fresh Foam 1080 v10 also incorporates a more stylish, modern upper design.