Who should buy the Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek
The Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek is a revolutionary hiking shoe designed for barefoot hikers. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking shoe that is suitable for both dry and wet surfaces.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers a cushiony and durable platform for the foot.
- Prefer a hiking shoe that offers a good amount of breathability and protection.
Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek notable features
- The V-Trek is powered by the Vibram Megagrip outsole technology that is suitable for both dry and wet surfaces. It features aggressive, wide-contact lugs for grip on slippery trails. Meanwhile, the polyurethane (PU) midsole offers a cushiony and durable platform for the foot.
- Its upper is made of a blend of wool and synthetic fabric that offers a good amount of breathability and protection. It's moisture-wicking as well.
Size and fit
The Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek men's and women's hikers are five-toed shoes constructed to fit like a "glove". Thus, each toe is snuggled in its own little pocket, creating a snug fit and enhancing ground feedback. Bearing a similar design to the V-Trail, this model features a higher shaft for ankle support and protection. The fabric upper is soft for a sock-like feel but the midsole is somehow thick. Like a typical hiking shoe, it features a lace-up closure so the wearer can further adjust the tightness whenever needed.
Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek offers good traction on wet or dry surfaces
This boot features a flexible outsole with 4mm lugs that offer good traction on varying surfaces - wet or dry. The sole is made of a durable rubber compound that is highly resistant to abrasion. Nonetheless, it is soft and pliable, which is a must-have for a minimalist shoe.
Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek long-lasting cushioning
Sandwiched between the upper and the sole is the heavy-duty polyurethane foam. Compared with EVA, it's heavier but offers long-lasting cushioning. It is also more durable. PU is the same material used in other high-end performance footwear and rugged hiking boots.
The shoe upper is made of 50% wool and 50% synthetic fabric. Together, these materials create a durable and protective home for the foot without sacrificing comfort.
Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek's quick-dry features
The V-Trek isn't waterproof. However, the upper dries easily when wet. On cold days, it gets a little warm, thanks to the wool fabric.
Vibram Fivefingers V-Trek's lacing system
This boot features a traditional lacing system for that casual, sporty look.
Nice to know
- The Vibram Fivefingers is a minimalist shoe that was released in the market in 2005. It was originally targeted to yacht racers to deal with slippery decks without compromising the barefoot experience. -This innovative hiking footwear now comes in several models to accommodate the different needs of avid hikers.