Who should buy the Saucony Endorphin Racer 2
- A great road racer’s companion if you want an ultra-lightweight running shoe that provides solid traction and responsiveness.
- An ideal choice for minimalist road runners (with neutral pronation) who are looking for a racing shoe for their next competition.
Updates to the Saucony Endorphin Racer 2
- Updated upper with a single layer of mesh to entirely cover the foot.
- Minor revamps were made on the design of the upper and the construction of the lacing system.
- Improved midsole and outsole to improve the cushioning, responsiveness, traction, and durability.
- Newly added EVERUN forefoot material to provide a more responsive type of cushioning.
- Updated outsole with a PWRTRAC tacky rubber compound that heightens the traction capability and make it more adaptable to various terrains.
Tackle different terrains with confidence
The Saucony Endorphin Racer 2 was meant to be a road shoe, but with its PWRTRAC outsole, it can tackle different terrains without the runner slipping or sliding.
The PWRTRAC, which is also used in the Saucony Ride 10 road shoe, is a rubber compound with a tacky characteristic for better traction.
To enhance this outsole feature further, the tread pattern was designed with triangular protrusions and indentions in different sizes and going in different directions. This tread ensures that the grip of the shoe on most surfaces is secure.
Endorphin Racer 2 provides responsive cushioning
In addition to the characteristics mentioned, the PWRTRAC is also highly resistant to abrasion and is a durable compound rubber. This means that the shoe may be able to last for a longer period of time even with continuous usage.
There are two parts to the midsole. On the forefoot is the EVERUN which concentrates on providing a responsive cushioning. To allow this functionality, Saucony placed this technology closer to the foot.
Racer 2 adapts to the runner’s need
It adapts to the runner’s needs through the combination of the molded SSL EVA on the heel. When the runner’s heel lands, the EVA absorbs the shock while the EVERUN reduces the pressure on the forefoot during take-off.
The EVERUN midsole foam is also used in the Hurricane ISO 5. Water drainage ports were also provided to reduce the shoe’s weight as well as aid in the ventilation dynamics of the shoe.
Saucony Endorphin Racer 2 is lightweight and breathable
On the upper is a single mesh layer that covers the foot entirely. This material is lightweight and very breathable. Upon closer inspection, the material the upper is made of is somewhat see-through. That’s how thin it is.
This doesn’t offer much in terms of protection, but the shoe was built for speed rather than every day or trail running. To provide a lightweight lockdown to the midfoot, FlexFilm overlays were added.
From the name, these overlays can move easily when the shoe bends, expands, or twists. The overlays are not rigid, but they still provide minimal snugness and security to the midfoot.