Who should buy the Salomon Speedtrak
The Salomon Speedtrak is a trail running shoe that boasts superb performance on outdoor surfaces, especially muddy ones. This running is ideal for you if:
- You have a moderate to high arch and looking for a trail shoe that can provide the necessary support
- You want a lightweight shoe that is capable of handling trail surfaces, such as mud, rocks, and grass
- You prefer a trail shoe that remains cushioned and comfortable despite the rough terrain
Updates to the Salomon Speedtrak
- An anti-debris mesh that is more breathable and effective in keeping debris off
- A more durable construction that is protective against the rough outdoors
- An improved rubber compound in the outsole for better traction in wet conditions
Aggressive lugs mean stickier grip
The outsole of the Salomon Speedtrak is covered with very aggressive and multi-directional lugs from the heel to the forefoot. Some of these lugs are facing opposite each other for better downhill or uphill running. The outsole layout is also designed for challenges in an obstacle course. Salomon uses the placement of the lugs to prevent mud or loose terrain from clinging into the outsole.
The proprietary Wet Traction Contagrip covers the underfoot for superior traction on wet surfaces.
Quicker transitions with full-length EVA
A very simple injection-molded EVA covers the whole midsole for standard cushioning, responsiveness, and durability. Like most full-length designs, the midsole foam helps with the movement from landing to take-off. It makes transitions, a bit more efficient and quicker.
Maximum comfort and support for the trails
Similar to the well known Salomon Sense Ride 2, the most prominent parts of the upper of the Speedtrak are the Sensifit overlays or the huge supports coming from the TPU overlays on both sides of the foot. These overlays extend to the heel to provide an all-expansive hold for stability and support on uneven and difficult terrains.
The anti-debris mesh adds support and breathable coverage in this shoe. More protection comes in the form of the rubber toe cap that superbly shields the toes from getting bruised.
A gusseted tongue that helps with the prevention of debris from getting in and a lace garage are two additional trail-specific features in the Speedtrak. An anatomically designed EVA footbed adds cushioning and support.