10 Best Workout Shoes in 2022
Workout shoes, also called cross-training shoes or cross-trainers, are engineered to accommodate a wide range of training activities. This guide will present the best workout shoes on the market and what to look for when buying a pair of workout shoes.
Some shoes come with a wider, more stable platform to accommodate weightlifting. Others are much lighter and help you feel more nimble for agility training. Depending on your priorities, you may look for different features in your next gym shoe.
Having tested over 100 workouts shoes, we have selected our top picks in five different categories.
Overview of this guide
- 1. How we test workout shoes
- 2. Best overall
- 3. Best for weightlifting
- 4. Best for HIIT
- 5. Best for agility
- 6. Best value shoe
- 7. What to look for in workout shoes
- 8. Workout shoes vs. running shoes
- 9. FAQ about workout shoes
- 10. What are the most popular workout shoes in 2022?
- 11. What are the cheapest workout shoes in 2022?
How we test workout shoes
- We gather and read reviews. In this case, it’s reviews from 134 experts and 145,951 users
- We aggregate them, eliminate spam, add extra weight to the reviews of proven experts
- Rank shoes on a 1-100 scale
- We do all that thanks to our CoreScore system, which also allows us to
- Create a database of more than 200 workout shoes
This collection of workout shoes can be sorted and filtered according to your personal preferences (discount, price, popularity, ratings,...).
Best workout shoes overall
Best workout shoes for weightlifting
Best workout shoes for HIIT
Best workout shoes for agility
What are the most popular workout shoes in 2022?
- New Balance TRNR
- Nike Legend Essential 2
- Nike Free Metcon 4
- Nike Air Max Alpha Trainer 4
- Nike SuperRep Go 2
- Nike MC Trainer
- Nike City Rep TR
- Reebok Nanoflex TR
- Adidas Trainer V
- Nike ZoomX SuperRep Surge
- Nike React Metcon Turbo
- Puma Fuse
- Under Armour TriBase Reign 4
- Nike SpeedRep
- Nike Varsity Compete TR 3
What are the cheapest workout shoes in 2022?
- Puma LQDCELL Hydra - from £31
- New Balance TRNR - from £33
- Puma Fuse - from £36
- Reebok Nanoflex TR - from £37
- Reebok Mega Flexagon - from £39
- Reebok Flashfilm Train 2 - from £40
- Puma LQDCELL Tension - from £42
- Nike MC Trainer - from £46
- Nike Legend Essential 2 - from £47
- Under Armour Charged Engage - from £48
- Nike City Rep TR - from £48
- Reebok Speed TR - from £50
- Under Armour Charged Commit TR 3 - from £50
- Inov-8 F-Lite 270 - from £55
- Nike SpeedRep - from £55