10 Best Tennis Shoes in 2022
Disclaimer: This guide will be covering athletic tennis shoes that are used for playing on the court. If you are after a pair of casual sneakers, see our selection of tennis-inspired kicks.
When you are just starting out, all tennis shoes appear the same. However, the way they feel and perform on the court can vary greatly. We have tested over 40 pairs of tennis shoes to help you find the one that works best for you.
Some tennis shoes are made for nimble players, others have more cushioning or stability for the most active playing styles. When in doubt, just go with the best overall.
To learn more about choosing tennis shoes based on the type of court and your playing style, scroll down to the guide below.
Overview of this guide
- 1. How we test tennis shoes
- 2. Best overall
- 3. Best for speed
- 4. Best cushioning
- 5. Best stability
- 6. Best value shoe
- 7. Hard court, clay court, and all court tennis shoes
- 8. 3 types of tennis shoes based on playing styles
- 9. Finding the best fit in tennis shoes
- 10. Using other types of shoes for tennis
- 11. What are the most popular tennis shoes in 2022?
- 12. What are the cheapest tennis shoes in 2022?
How we test tennis shoes
At RunRepeat, we do not let a tennis shoe release pass unnoticed. Each model undergoes scrutiny by our experts. As a result, you get a summary from two perspectives: what upgrades (if any) the shoe offers and what the actual wearers think about it.
- We have gathered over 130 expert reviews to understand the anatomy of every shoe on our list.
- More than 12,000 user opinions have been summarized to single out the few leaders in tennis footwear.
Best tennis shoes overall
Best tennis shoes for speed
Tennis shoes with best cushioning
Best stability tennis shoes
Best value tennis shoes
What are the most popular tennis shoes in 2022?
- Adidas Barricade
- NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor Pro
- Asics Solution Speed FF 2
- Adidas Adizero Ubersonic 4
- NikeCourt Air Zoom GP Turbo
- NikeCourt React Vapor NXT
- Asics Gel Challenger 13
- Wilson Rush Pro 3.5
- K-Swiss Ultrashot 3
- Asics Gel Game 8
- NikeCourt Vapor Lite
- Head Sprint SF
- Mizuno Wave Impulse
What are the cheapest tennis shoes in 2022?
- NikeCourt Vapor Lite - from £62
- Asics Gel Game 8 - from £63
- Asics Gel Challenger 13 - from £69
- K-Swiss Ultrashot 3 - from £99
- NikeCourt Air Zoom GP Turbo - from £99
- Adidas Barricade - from £107
- NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor Pro - from £109
- Wilson Rush Pro 3.5 - from £116
- Asics Solution Speed FF 2 - from £117
- Adidas Adizero Ubersonic 4 - from £119
- Head Sprint SF - from £153
- NikeCourt React Vapor NXT - from £164
- Mizuno Wave Impulse - from £130