10 Best Running Shoes For High Arches in 2022
The high-arched feet, or cavus feet, have arches (soles) that are higher than normal. This leads to uneven pressure distribution in the feet, which might cause pain and balance issues. Not every high-arched condition should be treated, it depends on how you experience the symptoms, if at all.
The most suitable type of running shoes for high arches are neutral running shoes, those that don’t have any supportive elements (like stability and motion control shoes). Making up 85% of all running shoes on the market, it is quite a selection. But we have tested over 100 pairs in our lab to select the top picks for high arches.
NOTE: If you’re experiencing severe pain caused by high arches, consult a physiotherapist or podiatrist instead of reading this guide.
Disclaimer: The purpose of this guide is to educate, not to make any medical diagnosis or recommendation.
Overview of this guide
How we test running shoes
We spend at least 7 hours on each shoe review to save your time in finding the best match for your running needs.
With our independent shoe testing lab and a team of dedicated runners, we never miss a shoe release. Here is how we test each pair of running shoes before claiming it the best for high arches:
- Run at least 30-50 miles in the shoe to get a good feel of its support, comfort, and performance in a variety of conditions.
- Take the shoe back to our lab, cut it into pieces and measure every imaginable parameter, including weight, stack, drop, softness, flexibility, (even shoelace slippage!), among 30 others.
- To make it even more comprehensive, we gather all available expert and user reviews on running shoes for high arches and incorporate them into our scoring.
- We receive no free shoes from the brands and purchase them with our own money to stay transparent.
The output is the CoreScore. It is a number from 0 to 100 which is assigned to every shoe that gets published on RunRepeat. It allows us to put it up against 1700+ other running shoes and sort out the best ones.
Best running shoes for high arches overall
Running shoes for high arches with best cushioning
Best race running shoes for high arches
Best trail running shoes for high arches
Best value running shoes for high arches
What are the most popular running shoes for high arches in 2022?
- Brooks Ghost 14
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 38
- Nike Free Run 5.0
- Brooks Revel 5
- Hoka One One Bondi 7
- On Cloudmonster
- Saucony Endorphin Speed 2
- Brooks Levitate 5
- Asics Gel Nimbus 24
- Nike Zoom Fly 4
- Nike Revolution 6
- Nike Pegasus Trail 3
- Asics Novablast 2
- Asics Gel Venture 8
- Altra Lone Peak 6
What are the cheapest running shoes for high arches in 2022?
- Nike Revolution 6 - from £22
- Adidas Duramo 10 - from £25
- Reebok Lite Plus 3 - from £26
- Adidas Questar Flow NXT - from £28
- Adidas Runfalcon 2.0 - from £28
- Asics Jolt 3 - from £29
- Adidas Galaxy 5 - from £30
- Reebok Energen Plus - from £32
- Under Armour Charged Rogue 2.5 - from £32
- Adidas Fluidstreet - from £35
- Adidas Racer TR21 - from £36
- Adidas Runfalcon 2.0 TR - from £37
- Asics Patriot 12 - from £38
- Asics Trail Scout 2 - from £38
- Asics Gel Contend 7 - from £39