Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit
Best price from 31 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
79% say it's true to size.
Overview of this review
Size and fit
With the slip-on construction, the low-top Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit is available in men’s and women’s versions. Its low-top silhouette allows efficient mobility for the ankle.
The shoe is built with a minimal sock-like wrap. It has decent space in the interior that can accommodate those with slightly wider feet. The Primeknit upper hugs the foot for super light comfort and flexible support.
Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit Style
Adidas’ NMD line progresses its venture through the creation of unique combinations of performance-inspired aesthetic and lifestyle designs. The Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit is one of their latest creations. The upper is embellished with a stripe pattern that’s contrasted by a circle graphic. It maintains the comfort provided by the running NMD models by using an EVA.
The midsole offers better cushioning and the Boost tech guarantees a responsive ride. With this kind of sneaker, it is highly suggested to wear it with non-visible socks. Below are the proposed styles on how men and women can wear their Adidas NMD CS2 Primeknit shoes with style.
- Men and women can rock a pair of the Adidas Originals NMD CS2 Primeknit sneakers in black and nicely pair it with black jogger pants and a loose shirt, offering a comfortable outfit with a sporty vibe.
- A pair of Adidas NMD CS2 Primeknit shoes for men can perfectly match distressed slim-fitted pants which are cuffed above the ankle and a hoodie for another sporty look.
- This sneaker can also be paired with skinny jeans and a plain or graphic shirt.
- A cropped chino is a great option to match with the Adidas Originals NMD CS2 Primeknit sneakers in black.
- For a clean and timeless look, men and women can rock this sneaker with their neatly rolled-up denim jeans. The double cuffed jeans work best with sneakers. However, the wearer should be careful in doing so because the thick band can also shorten one’s appearance from the waist down.
- Ladies can wear straight cut jeans that are just above the ankle length and match them with a pair of Adidas NMD CS2 Primeknit in women’s sizing. Pair them with a relaxed t-shirt, providing a laidback look.
Most Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit users are enthusiastic about the shoe’s comfort. The design team combined the elements of comfort and energy return by placing the Primeknit on top of the Boost midsole. The upper treats the foot with lightweight comfort. On the other hand, the wearer is energized with each step through the performance of the Boost technology.
Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit History
Adidas is a portmanteau of the founder’s name “Adi” from the nickname of Adolf and “Das” from the last name Dassler. Headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany, the company was established in 1949 after Adi Dassler had his fall out with his brother Rudolf Dassler which happened to be the founder of the Puma brand. Currently, the Adidas brand is the largest manufacturer of sportswear in Europe while, next to Nike, it was the second-largest in the world.
Apart from Adidas shoes, the brand was also known and followed by patrons for their accessories, clothing, and apparel which they design and manufacture. Bought from a Finnish sports company in 1952, the branding of Adidas, which is the Three Stripes logo that is used not only on the company’s shoe design but also clothing as a marketing aid, became so successful. Over the years, it has released a myriad of revolutionary footwear, like the collection of Adidas NMD shoes that not only offer performance but delivers comfort to its users. Among those innovative sneakers is the low-top Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit.
The Adidas NMD CS2 Primeknit Core sneaker is the updated version of the NMD_CS1, but this time, its design is inspired by Japan which manifests in the Primeknit upper. With its premium, pioneering and progressive design, the shoe maintains its relevance in modern-day streetwear. The shoe is embellished with simple lines and applied with innovative construction to create a new flavor on the collection-inspired style. It provides modern comfort with the application of the Boost technology.
Looking at the collar of the NMD_CS2 Primeknit, people will notice that wraparound design that looks like a Kimono. It also has a sock-like construction and the Boost technology for a responsive and energized ride.
The shoe debuted in April 2017. It has also been used as a canvas for an Adidas collaboration with international women’s sneaker supplier Naked and Ronnie Fieg’s streetwear retailer KITH. This project is part of the Sneaker Exchange Consortium. It is a collaboration that debuted in March 2017 with two colorways such as the Sandstone and Pink. It was released and became available via Naked, KITH and select Adidas retailers around the world.
The NMD_CS2 Primeknit is part of the NMD collection by the Herzo footwear giant. When Adidas teased this product, they said that it took its cues from three sneakers from their old collection—the Rising Star, Micropacer and Boston Super. Adidas finally opened the curtains to present the shoe to the public in a big event in New York City. And when it finally debuted at the end of 2015, the shoes were sold out.
In the entire history of Adidas, the NMD became the most-talked-about shoe. The footwear company eventually produced it in multiple colorways. Initially, people feared that the NMD would go down the path of ZX Flux—a shoe that became extremely popular until it’s so common that people started to lose interest. Fortunately, this wasn’t the case for the NMDs. Release after release, the excitement of the consumers heightened. The resale value of the NMD rose, with the original playing around a thousand dollars.
The hype for the shoe thrives. Long lines formed whenever there’s a new style of the NMD. Adidas even claimed that 400,000 pairs were sold in just one day. According to Stadium Goods co-owner John McPheters, people were actually buying the shoe to wear it—it’s not just something for one’s expansion of sneaker collection.
Among the typically bought versions are the NMDs with a Primeknit upper and a Boost sole that’s sold at 170 USD. Like most of the Adidas NMD shoes in the Adidas Originals line, this iteration is available a myriad of colorways that men and women can choose from are:
- core black/ carbon/ red, red/ black
- core black/ footwear white
- core black/ carbon/ shopin
- linen/ running white
- trace green/ trace green/ trace pink
- white/ white/ white
- black/ black/ white
- Naming styles: On the box, the shoe is labeled as NMD_CS2 PK. The whole name of this shoe is NMD City Sock Primeknit. On the Adidas website, its name is NMD_CS2 Primeknit Shoes.
- Unlike typical NMDs that have Lego-like blocks, the shoe only has one blocked found on the medial side of the shoe.
- The Adidas NMD_CS2 Primeknit has a rubber outsole.
- It features an engineered 1-piece upper designed with stripes all over the material.
- The upper of this shoe has different themes, depending on the inspiration it is taken from.