Who should buy the Scarpa Moraine Mid GTX
Comfort-wise, the Moraine Mid GTX is nothing short of spectacular. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that offers lightness and flexibility.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides water protection.
- Prefer a hiking boot that provides users with surefootedness and walking comfort on the trail.
Updates to :name
- The Scarpa Moraine Mid GTX has been crafted with lightness and high flexibility in mind, making its supportive build ideal for agile day hikers. It also has been engineered with the Activ Fit technology which doubles down on comfort and performance. Its part leather, part polyester upper is water protected thanks to Gore-Tex’s Extended Comfort technology.
- Its sole unit, which consists of a dual-density midsole and Vibram’s Dynatech 3 outsole, provides users with surefootedness and walking comfort on the trail. It is engineered with the Activ Impact technology which improves the boot’s ability to absorb shock upon each landing. This tech also takes better advantage of the energy expended by the user with every step.
Size and fit
Scarpa’s Moraine Mid GTX is a generally true-to-size, mid-cut day hiking boot for men and women. It is offered in whole and half sizes in standard width. Built around the MGT last, the boot has a marginally wider interior. Its closure system gives users the ability to set their preferred fit.
Adequate traction even on wet surfaces
For ample grip on trails and footpaths, the Moraine Mid GTX comes equipped with Vibram’s Dynatech 3 outsole. As it is based on the XS Trek compound, it can produce adequate traction even on wet surfaces.
This Vibram-exclusive compound also improves the boot’s overall comfort and stability. Over soft soil and grainy terrain, the outsole’s toothy lugs and tread patterns anchor the foot securely.
Wearing this Scarpa boot translates to having the right amount of stability and underfoot protection on top of its dual-density compression-molded midsole. It is made of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA)—a material similar to rubber, having high elasticity and resilience as its prime characteristics.
Between the user’s foot and the gear’s hardy midsole is the Arch Suspension footbed. This removable insert is adequately cushioned for added comfort. It also has a cupped construction, fixing the rearfoot in place.
Waterproof and breathable
The Moraine Mid GTX’s 1.8-millimeter upper is a combination of nubuck and suede leather. Its mesh portions are made of recycled polyester. It has a toe rand at the forefoot for extra toe protection and a sturdy overlay at the heel for additional support. Gore-Tex’s Extended Comfort technology is imbued within its main bootie, making the footwear both waterproof and breathable.
Quick lacing system
Allowing hikers to achieve a customized fit is the boot’s quick lacing system. It is made up of flat synthetic laces and combination eyelets that feature a set of open hooks for speedier lace-ups.