Who should buy the Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof
The Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof may present itself to customers as a decent trail performer because of its strengths, especially in environments with a lot of wet conditions. It is a solid option if you:
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps adventurers tackle day hikes with ample comfort and performance.
- Prefer a hiking boot that delivers stability and impact absorption.
- Prefer a hiking boot that helps users tackle most types of terrain with enough traction.
Updates to Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof
- The Altalight Mid Waterproof is a lightweight Merrell boot crafted to help adventurers tackle day hikes with ample comfort and performance. Its nylon Ripstop upper sports a patented M Select Dry Barrier to block water from entering the footgear.
- Merrell combined an ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA) midsole with an Air Cushion feature to deliver stability and impact absorption. It also possesses a mountain-grade Quantum Grip outsole to help users tackle most types of terrain with enough traction.
Size and fit
The Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof is a mid-top hiking boot for male and female hikers. It uses a traditional lacing system, which enables wearers to gain a personalized lockdown. The brand also integrated a Stratafuse exoskeleton into the boot’s upper to render a glove-like fit.
Excellent grip on all types of terrain
This waterproof boot for outdoor lovers employs a mountain-grade Quantum Grip outsole. Its profile contains a pattern of 5mm arrowhead-shaped lugs to deliver grip on virtually all types of terrain.
Provides toe protection
The widely-spaced lug design sheds dirt and debris to optimize traction. Moreover, the sole’s front end covers a portion of the toe box to provide protection from accidental bumps.
The men’s and women’s Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof features a midsole made of EVA foam. This lightweight material is known to absorb shock and grant responsiveness to the user’s movement. The brand’s proprietary Air Cushion technology is positioned in the heel section to give a cushioned ride.
Excellent arch support
Merrell placed a Kinetic Fit Base removable footbed on top of the Altalight Mid Waterproof’s midsole. It uses a contoured design, which delivers arch support and underfoot comfort.
Waterproof and breathable
The Merrell Altalight Mid Waterproof is equipped with a tear-resistant upper made of nylon Ripstop fabric. A trademarked M Select Dry Barrier is embedded into this component to protect the foot from wet encounters. It also sheds excess heat and moisture to preserve breathability.
Excellent protection from trail hazards
Merrell integrated a Stratafuse exoskeleton into the upper of this hiking boot for additional support. A rubberized cap is found on the footgear’s toe box to deliver protection from various trail hazards.
Easy to wear
The Altalight Mid Waterproof’s lacing system uses several round eyelets and metal hooks for fit management. Its collar and tongue contain padding to promote comfort. Moreover, a pull tab is positioned at the back to help wearers get easy on and off.
Nice to know
- Buyers who need a more robust pair may look into the advantages offered by quality backpacking boots. One example that may be considered is the Salomon Quest Prime GTX.