Good to know
- The Merrell Agility Peak Flex uses a mesh upper with a mud-resistant coverage that adds to its durability. The top is composed of a seamless, soft fabric with the Merrell Omni-Fit™ lacing closure, which ensures a glove-like fit for the runner's foot.
- It also utilizes M Select Fresh agents in the construction of its upper and they are responsible for the disruption of unpleasant odors. This keeps the shoe clean and fresh for a longer period of time.
- The interesting reflective design of the upper enables the shoe's visibility in the dark. The shoe also has the EVA Removable Footbed, which ensures a better experience of comfort and cushioning for the runner.
- The midsole of Merrell Peak Flex features the EVA material. This material is flexible, responsive and durable. The EVA midsole along with the FLEXconnect™ technology results in a balanced and agile movement for the wearers on uneven terrains, while also presenting a reliable and a soft-cushioned environment.
- Lastly, M Select™ GRIP+ technology has been used in the shoe's outsole to ensure stable movement and the needed traction on wet and dry surfaces. This technique is actually a skeleton-inspired design and it follows the natural anatomy of the human foot. With this outline, runners are able to move more naturally through the gait cycle.
Merrell Agility Peak Flex is available in the standard medium widths of D and B for men and women respectively. This shoe is slightly larger than the regular measurements. It is recommended for runners to purchase ½ size smaller in order to get a more agreeable fit.
The outsole of Merrell Agility Peak Flex employs the M Select™ GRIP+ mechanism for enhanced traction. It actually has a skeletal lugged design, which extends throughout the outsole and is responsible for multi-directional traction and natural foot flexibility. This saves the runner from worrying about the slips and injuries.
The midsole of the Peak Flex has the FLEXconnect™ EVA (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) compound - a very soft, durable and lightweight material that performs well even in the harshest conditions. This foam also has flex grooves. These small indentations make the platform more adherent to the natural motion of the foot.
The shoe is also provided with a removable sock-liner called the EVA Removable Footbed. It is used under the foot for additional cushioning. As a result of this sock-liner, the runners get a more comfortable and plush feel while running. As suggested by its name, it can be removed or replaced.
The upper of the shoe has the fabric mesh material with TPU coverage, which is not only durable but also mud resistant. The technique prevents the shoe from wear and tear, as well as mud infiltration. The Hyperlock molded TPU heel counter helps in locking the foot in place and preventing it from exiting the shoe accidentally.
The Merrell Omni-Fit™ lacing system helps in keeping the foot in its proper position. It works in cooperation with the padded collar & tongue, and it provides a glove-like fit to the user.
The M Select Fresh construction keeps the interior environment healthy and clean by staving off odor-causing microbes.
The shoe also has a sock-liner called EVA Removable Footbed. It may be placed under the foot for additional cushioning.
Reflective Detailing makes the Agility Peak Flex more visible in the dark. This gives the runner the additional benefit of performing well even in low-light conditions.