Good to know
Who is it best for? The Wilson Kaos 3.0 SFT is one of the best options for defense-ready players who regularly hit the court and in a hunt for high-performance tennis footwear. Aside from its extremely light and stable structure, the other top takeaways of this speed-oriented Kaos gear include:
- a sock-like upper composition that grabs and secures the foot
- a quick-tying lace and toggle closure system for a lockdown fit
- light and protective Skinguard arrangement for durability
- heel slope for added impact protection
- Accommodates a lighter and more streamlined format than the Skinguard webbing pattern of the Kaos 2.0 SFT
- Implements a Quicklace system in place of the customary lace-up closure
- Weighs significantly less than the second-generation Symbiofit model
- Introduces inner rear padding together with the bootie upper assembly for comfort
Rubber quality. Its Duralast rubber property is equipped to offer improved grip on clay and hard courts. This slab of rubber comes with abrasion-resistant properties, which are meant to delay signs of wear on the tread design.
Court traction. The wavy indentations on the outsole in a herringbone pattern are intended to permit the wearer to feel connected to any court composition when either taking short steps or extended lunges.
Shock-absorption innovation. R-DST+ is the cushioning fixing integrated into this all-court tennis footgear that grants a significant amount of rebound. This innovative Wilson technology, an enhanced version of the standard R-DST, is equipped with a highly-compressed ethylene-vinyl acetate foam material. Its main objective is to cradle the foot from shock and reduce the likelihood of getting muscle, tendon, and joint discomforts and injuries.
Midfoot stabilizer. Pro Torque Chassis Light is a specialized arch technology formulated at Wilson's research and development department. This stabilizer is integrated under the arch, which inhibits unnecessary foot rotation. Optimized for speed, this chassis warrants explosive acceleration allows and, at the same time, delivers the needed balance when sliding for challenging shots.
Heel-to-toe drop. Just like the previous model, this altered iteration maintains an estimated 9mm heel-to-toe drop or Dynamic Fit level 2 in Wilson's lingo. DF2 is one of the three heel slope varieties offered by the brand. This level yields a good compromise between quick performance and comfort.
Protective outer membrane. The upper assembly and weight can greatly influence player performance. Wilson Kaos 3.0 SFT is supplied with the Skinguard protective shield that's fused to the mesh membrane to reduce the weight of the shoe significantly. This element that's layered from the midfoot to the forefoot is made to safeguard this trainer from immediate wear, especially during recurrent toe dragging.
Foot-hugging build. Symbiofit lateral webbing integrated to the bootie makeup generates in-shoe comfort while catering midfoot support.
Fast-tying shoelace. The Quicklace mechanism is designed to offer a single-pull tightening system and a toggle device to cinch the foot down. Such a closure system is purposed to grant easy-on and easy-off as opposed to the traditional lace-up design.
- Wilson’s parent company, Amer Sports, also owns Salomon and its Quicklace technology comes straight out of the ski world.