Salomon Odyssey GTX
Best price from 30 shops
We earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us.
29% say it's too small, 71% say it's true to size.
Out of stock in all 30 shopsSalomon hiking shoes
Overview of this review
Salomon Odyssey GTX: Should you get one?
With the steady rise in popularity of backpacking boots and shoes, having options is a good thing. Since you are in this space, however, you are likely almost convinced to get this shoe. That said, before you jump into the Odyssey GTX bandwagon, take a look at its highlights and lowlights first.
- It beats many hiking shoes in terms of lightness.
- It has above-average flexibility around the forefoot, affording wearers freer mobility during push-offs.
- With its Gore-Tex membrane, the Odyssey GTX’s interior can stay dry in light rain and through very shallow (no more than three inches deep) bodies of water.
- To the right crowd, its low-top construction means more ankle mobility.
- The Odyssey GTX’s thin overlays might not be enough to guard the shoe against more abrasive terrain hazards.
- Without a discount, this trekking shoe might be too expensive for some. (Check out our collection of highly affordable hikers if you are into such!)