Good to know
Sizing options are available in both men’s and women’s with a multitude of colorways to choose from. Puma RSX generally runs true to size, but most reviews suggest getting a half size bigger to wide-feet users for a roomier forefoot and midfoot area.
For an extra cushiony feel is a removable gel-like insole that details on some arch, toe, and heel pillow to keep the frequently stressed areas of the foot at bay.
With colors ranging from the Puma RSX Trophy of black and gold to the multi-colored Puma RSX Toys, and perforated bespeckle of the RSX Fourth Dimension of this silhouette, there is a particular RS-X for every individual.
- One can always take the basic route and don on a pair of blue jeans, a white shirt with a vintage print, and a Puma RS-X in the Tech colorway for a muted version of the kick.
- Ladies can show off the beauty of the Puma RSX in a navy blue cotton twill shorts, an orange shirt, a pair of RSX on the feet, and a cream-colored fedora hat to complete the look.
A lot is going on in this reimagined RSX version. Among those are the mix of materials on the upper. Some have a mix of fine and coarse mesh material with suede and leather overlays. Certain colorways have reflective hits on the toe bump and the front of the laces guard.
Running System branding is on both sidewalls, tongue pull tab, and the tongue. TPU pieces are visible on the midsole and heel for added stability.
The first model to carry the Puma RS cushioning technology was the RS 100, which was released in 1986. Following in the footsteps of the RS100 was the RS-Computer Chip. It was the first shoe to have a built-in computer chip at the heel that could gather the wearer’s distance ran in a certain period of time. It, too, calculated the caloric cost of running. Basically, today’s Fitbit.
In early 2018, Puma revived the RS cushioning technology with the launch of the reawakened RS-0, along with the modernized versions of the Puma S-100 and Puma RS-350.
To continue paying homage to the revolutionary technology, Puma dropped the RS-X series in late 2018. Fitting in with Puma’s Futro - a portmanteau of future and retro - marketing campaign, archival silhouettes, like the RS, are given a reignition constructed with a modern upgrade of materials, forward-looking, and chunky sneakers.
- Textile material covers the heel in place of the computer chip that once was on the RS-Computer Chip shoes.
- Rubber, heel pull tab bears the “Pull Me’ words
- The type of lace used varies depending on the colorway.