Overview of this review
NB Fresh Foam 860 v12 vs. 11: What changed?
The workhorse gets a makeover, making it more comfort-oriented. This time around, the New Balance Fresh Foam 860 features the following to generate better runnability:
- A two-part midsole for a blend of comfort and energy return:
- On top, the Fresh Foam X foam sits for a cushy sensation, especially for high-mileage efforts
- Below, the FuelCell midsole is added to amp up the shoe's peppy sensation
- An engineered mesh upper is introduced for better ventilation. It's coupled with embroidered elements to boost lockdown.
- Like the Vongo v5, it has a traditional medial post to enhance stability for overpronators.