10 Best Stability Running Shoes in 2022
Stability running shoes are helpful in providing runners the additional arch support, especially if they feel that the lack thereof is preventing a natural and comfortable movement. As a beginner, it could be a worthy investment for you, but make sure to identify first if the features are truly beneficial to your run.
In this article, we define stability shoes and the top-rated stability running shoes on the market to help you narrow down your choices.
We have tested 100+ stability shoes in our lab to pick out the best models in several categories.
Overview of this guide
- 1. How we test running shoes
- 2. Best overall
- 3. Best value shoe
- 4. Best cushioning
- 5. Best for wide feet
- 6. Best for trail
- 7. Do I need a stability running shoe?
- 8. What is overpronation?
- 9. Neutral vs stability vs motion control shoes
- 10. 3 noteworthy attributes of stability running shoes
- 11. Frequently asked questions
- 12. What are the most popular stability running shoes in 2022?
- 13. What are the cheapest stability running shoes in 2022?
How we test running shoes
It is our mission to save your time in picking the best shoe out of 250+ stability running shoes on the market. Here is how:
- We research hundreds of studies on foot biomechanics and running footwear to understand what a good stability shoe is.
- All shoes are purchased with our own money to prevent bias and brand loyalty.
- Our testers run at least 30-50 miles in each pair before delivering their feedback.
- With our RunRepeat lab, we cut each shoe into pieces and measure 30+ different parameters that contribute to its performance. From cushioning softness to lace slippage.
- We also gather all available user and expert reviews (nearly 1,000,000) from the web to keep our reviews comprehensive.
In the end, each shoe receives a CoreScore, a number in the 0-100 range. The higher the number, the better the shoe is.
And the best stability running shoes make it here.
Best stability running shoes overall
Best value stability running shoes
Stability running shoes with best cushioning
Best stability running shoes for wide feet
Best stability trail running shoes
What are the most popular stability running shoes in 2022?
- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 22
- Asics Gel Kayano 28
- Saucony Guide 15
- Hoka One One Arahi 6
- Asics GT 2000 10
- Brooks Glycerin GTS 19
- New Balance Fresh Foam 860 v12
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 17
- Asics GT 1000 10
- Brooks Launch GTS 9
- Saucony Hurricane 23
- New Balance FuelCell Prism v2
- Altra Paradigm 6.0
- Altra Provision 6
- Brooks Bedlam 3
What are the cheapest stability running shoes in 2022?
- Salomon Predict Soc - from £47
- Asics Gel Trabuco 9 - from £60
- New Balance FuelCell Prism v2 - from £66
- Asics GT 1000 10 - from £72
- New Balance Fresh Foam 860 v12 - from £76
- Asics GT 2000 10 - from £81
- Brooks Bedlam 3 - from £83
- Asics Gel DS Trainer 26 - from £86
- Brooks Levitate GTS 5 - from £88
- Mizuno Wave Inspire 17 - from £91
- Brooks Launch GTS 9 - from £103
- Mizuno Wave Horizon 5 - from £104
- Asics Gel Kayano 28 - from £105
- Altra Provision 6 - from £107
- Hoka One One Arahi 6 - from £111